IGNORED

Injection Mold Cart Shells

vidak

Thank you. Yes, I am considering going the crowd-funding route. Could be fun with some interesting rewards for those who support the project.

..Al

I was just at a big indie gaming function, and I'm pretty sure I could do some fundraising at that monthly event.

• 7 months later...

Just to inject I already have Atari 2600 shells for sell that are injection molded.

Make some for the 7800 and I'm sure you will find many more sales than what you are currently having for those 2600 shells.

2600 shells are a dime a dozen, 7800 ones? Not so much. The demand is much higher for 7800 shells than 2600 shells.

• Like 2

Make some for the 7800 and I'm sure you will find many more sales than what you are currently having for those 2600 shells.

2600 shells are a dime a dozen, 7800 ones? Not so much. The demand is much higher for 7800 shells than 2600 shells.

Yes they are common however is it worth your time to strip Atari 2600 shells of their labels and clean them up when new ones are for sale for cheap? Its certainly an individual question.

• Like 1

Yes they are common however is it worth your time to strip Atari 2600 shells of their labels and clean them up when new ones are for sale for cheap? Its certainly an individual question.

Also, I'm not sure how common the "common" 2600 games really are anymore. When was the last time someone here found a pile of loose 2600 games "in the wild"? Even if you find them, they're not cheap enough anymore to give up for recycling, now that even weekend yard sales are charging eBay prices.

• Like 1

When mint condition commons can still be had for 50 cents each in endless quantity? Yes it is well worth it to stick with them.

How can we buy them? Wow! This is great :)

He posted about them in the marketplace a while back. Be prepared to spend some serious coin (as opposed to $0.50 for donors). Would bring the price per cart from me up by $4.00 to $5.00, when using those shells. I'd be prepared to pay extra for the clear ones, but I hate Atari's spring loaded cart assembly as well. I would also want 7800 shells. Although I have several hundred of those cleaned and ready to go as well.

But it is very cool he went ahead with it, there has been far too much talk over the years about it and the Nintendo guys had cool shells coming out of their ears for many years.

$0.02

• Like 4

Also, I'm not sure how common the "common" 2600 games really are anymore. When was the last time someone here found a pile of loose 2600 games "in the wild"? Even if you find them, they're not cheap enough anymore to give up for recycling, now that even weekend yard sales are charging eBay prices.

there are still tons of commons out there. I have at least 100 or so extras every month.

Just to inject I already have Atari 2600 shells for sell that are injection molded.

Nice. And pleasantly surprised to see the cost comes down nicely with 10 or more.

I could actually use Coleco shells in quantity, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth getting the molds done for those.

Nice. And pleasantly surprised to see the cost comes down nicely with 10 or more.

I could actually use Coleco shells in quantity, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth getting the molds done for those.

How many would you need and how often would you re-order? Assuming same price structure as the Atari 2600 shells.

Edited by MortoffGames

• 2 weeks later...