IGNORED

Steve Tucker of Atarimax MIA?

hloberg

Anybody know what has happened to Steve Tucker of Atarimax? I was in the middle of an email chain where he was helping me with a APE OS that I was having a problem with then he just vanished. I emailed him several times and no response. He has usually been rather quick and responsive when I have emailed him before.

Funny you should mention him.

I got an email this morning from him that a package was on the way for me.

I've ordered from him in the past and each time it took 2-3 weeks before hearing back.

Anyways I ordered some Atari Max Atari and Coleco adapters on the 24th, and got 2 emails from him saying they were shipped this morning.

The guy is probably really busy filling orders so he'll probably get back with you soon.

• Like 1

Funny you should mention him.

I got an email this morning from him that a package was on the way for me.

I've ordered from him in the past and each time it took 2-3 weeks before hearing back.

Anyways I ordered some Atari Max Atari and Coleco adapters on the 24th, and got 2 emails from him saying they were shipped this morning.

The guy is probably really busy filling orders so he'll probably get back with you soon.

I be willing to bet that this isn't his main source of income and he has to 'fit it in' around his main job and life. So when he gets a flood of orders he gets backed up.

Oh well, I can wait.

I be willing to bet that this isn't his main source of income and he has to 'fit it in' around his main job and life. So when he gets a flood of orders he gets backed up.

Oh well, I can wait.

Yeah,probably. He's always been consistent with my orders, in that a few weeks after ordering I get notification that its on its way.

So yeah he's more than likely doing these at the side, when he has time.

We now live in an instant gratification society. In that past month there have been at least 6 people on the Atari Age FB page wanting to know why their home brew order hasn't shipped and in their hand after 7 days. My new copy and paste response is "This isn't Amazon Prime. It's a one man show and not his day job. Relax and be patient. I waited over 5 weeks for my early bird home brew order and I didn't once question or get pissy that it wasn't there after a week. This is hobby and you are not going die if you don't get your goods in 7 days. I am not knocking the OP. Just a basic commentary about the world we live in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

There's a difference between instant gratification and business communication.

"Just wanted to let you know there will be a delay in your order".

How hard is that?

This is true. Albert was constantly giving us subscribers updates over that 5 week period explaining the reason for the delays...(Ie new labels, etc.) And yes a simple email would help remedy a lot of these types of questions. I have seen similar posts here on AA and on AAFB about Harmony orders. It seems to be a common issue.

I tried running a business on the side (may again) and I know that when things get backed up, and people are harassing you, your 1st response is 'go f*** yourself', which you can't do (as tempting as it is ;) ), then your second response is ignore them in hopes they will go away, which also you can't do. It's hard to make yourself eat crow and send a nice email to tell them that there is going to be a bit of a delay from the promised delivery time.

atarimax is not good.. try another, professional atari services

Really? We already know you have unrealistic expectations for Atarimax and Tucker's products. Even going so far as to complain about it without even ordering an item. After bitching so much you then went ahead and placed an order (why on earth you would order something after saying how terrible a service he offers still confounds me). Then of course after two days you complained that there was no contact.

Steve Tucker has been offering his products for many years and has hundreds of happy customers. Yes sometimes the communication is a little lacking, but as a hobby business I wouldn't expect someone to be there 24/7 answering my emails.

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 12

1. no email replying

2. or replying for 2-3 weeks

3. design website like from 1994 year

4. missing pages on website

5. no website updated

6. no changelogs for his products

7. very slowly ordering

8. many dissatisfied buyers (every month you can see here, on atariage forums)

etc etc

its very simple.. its no need to talking about facts.. hi is not good, but.. u can choose him.

Please lets not harass Steve, he makes some great products that if he stopped would leave a void. Yes Steve is slow at emails but I doubt his income comes from these products alone so lets cut him some slack please, when I choose to buy off a company new to me I usually search out feedback on forums etc to give me an idea of what they are like and if that was done it would have been clear that he does not reply to emails very fast but people do get their items and are enormously pleased with them. That way you know where you stand from the outset.

• Like 10

I can say a few things about Steve an his site an items. I have bought several items from Steve. Yes he is slow to respond to emails. Yes he is slow to ship. Heck my last order I screwed up my self. Yes It took a while to get it straight. But he did an made it right. Give the guy s break. No one know his situations but him. But we better be happy that he an a select few others even bother to sale this old outdated junk we love so much. So give him some slack an say thanks.

• Like 2

Oh cool! It's the "let's bash AtariMax" thread... You know what that means!

It must be PAYWEEK!

(cuz.... like.... every two weeks?)

@w1k ... I propose that you shut up (preferably about all things) until docertabum01 tells us he's got his power supply.

(For those who want more information - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267736-open-letter-to-w1k-and-maybe-others-too/ )

For the record, I will post this link EVERY SINGLE TIME W1K POSTS ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ATARIMAX and I encourage every other supporter of his to post it as well if they get the opportunity first so that while he points out flaws, everyone can be warned about W1K's own "business acumen".

Steve is a valued member of the Atari community who is overwhelmed from time to time with his day job (which I won't share things about him I know personally, but it's an honorable profession serving others in a meaningful way) and his "hobby" which is spending his free time allowing us to better enjoy OUR vintage computer hobby but always comes through for his customers in the end.

W1K appears to be a troll, a liar and a fraudulent businessperson with an agenda, who not only screwed over docertabum01, but also deliberately ordered from AtariMax (after declaring he wouldn't) during a period where it was known he was having issues, just so he could trash him some more.

... and to you hloberg, as the others before you... You stepped into a minefield you had no way of knowing you walked into... (Which is of course the nature of minefields).... Sorry, but it is what it is. You set the stage for trolls like W1K to do their thing, and the troll slayers are going to do their thing. And as we all learned from the new BattleStar Galactica.... "All of this has happened before and will happen again........... again.............. again.................. again..............."

• Like 8

I agree with the previous post except for the "old outdated junk" part.

There is a new thread popping up every few months about this. It always ends the same. The person who placed the order gets their product(s).

Do your research, and GIVE STEVE A BREAK!

Yes, sometimes he takes some time. He is busy. We all know this.

All these threads accomplish is to harass and annoy Steve, and they also expose the impatient assholes and trolls.

Personally, I feel that the Mods should immediately delete all of these anti-Steve threads on sight, and reprimand the person who starts them.

Edit: Tillek posted while I was typing this, so I am referring to post# 21 at the beginning where I say "previous post". I also agree with Tillek.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 2

I bought almost all of the items AtariMax offers.. They are awesome and I'm grateful Steve takes the time to make them.. Steve may take some time to answer on occasions, but he always delivered.. Once I had a small issue, and he made sure it was solved.. .He answered me an email some 2 weeks ago, so he clearly is not MIA..

• Like 2