IGNORED

Steve Tucker of Atarimax MIA?

hloberg

sounds like it had supporting chip problems from the bad power supplies beating them up... timing issues cause all sorts of headaches

could very well be. I know the video issues I had initially went away when I replaced the power supply. I'm going to put this one up on the parts shelf then, eventually get another 800XL and put the new APE 32-1 OS in the new one.

OK, Just an idea. First of all, as you all should know, I am a Conservative. I believe in the Magna Carta and the US Constitution, BUT.

And this is a BIG But. (not as bad as your Aunt Fannie's), BUT: This thread NEEDS TO BE Put to REST FOREVER.

Freedom of speech, YES, but this is getting out of hand.

Why are you people so ignorant of the FACT that Steve is a busy man and sometimes TAKES A LITTLE TOO LONG with things. Learn that, LIVE with that.

Be happy that Steve is here to help us.

Come on now, Common Sense Please.

Thanx :)

Edit: It is only destructive to the Community if we BadMouth INNOCENT people.! This applies in ALL circumstances. It's called GOSSIP and it only HARMS people.

Grow up.

Only Jerry Springer fans like this kind of stuff.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 1

Since I now have a busted 800XL (see earlier post) I going to put the APE WARP+ OS up for sale that I finally got and b**ch so much about. It's un-used and brand new.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132406188997?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Someday in the future I will deal with my busted 800XL but not now, too busy.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered one of the USB Programmer carts. I already have one 8 meg cart preprogrammed with games on it but I think I'll reprogram it and swap out some of the games. I'm looking forward to using this programmer cart and delving deep into the 8-bit library since my knowledge of its game library is mostly based on cartridge releases.

I would totally geek out if the Atari was allowed a program to do it all by itself, creating it's own flasher images. while it can flash and read carts all by itself. the dang image must be created on an x86 based machine.. blech... I would love to use the Atari to make it then save the image/flasher atr on it's own mass storage device and then blast it to the cart itself. I don't care if I go have a sandwich or run it overnight.... It would be AWESOME

Edited by _The Doctor__

I would totally geek out if the Atari was allowed a program to do it all by itself, creating it's own flasher images. while it can flash and read carts all by itself. the dang image must be created on an x86 based machine.. blech... I would love to use the Atari to make it then save the image/flasher atr on it's own mass storage device and then blast it to the cart itself. I don't care if I go have a sandwich or run it overnight.... It would be AWESOME

Isn't that what Uflash does? (scroll to bottom of page to see other devices it can flash now)

http://atari8.co.uk/uflash/

I was going to delve into using this with my MyIDE II and 8Mb flashcart, as well as my SSDX cartridge, but then I ended up buying the Atarimax flash programmer and use it instead, for now, but one day I also plan on not using a PC in conjunction with my 8-bit in any way (except for transffering files to SD cards) and was going to look into Uflash again at that time. Or does Uflash still require a PC? Like I said, I didn't read up on it, I just saw the devices at the bottom that have preliminary support. I know the USB programmer also has preliminary support for devices besides Atarimax too, and it's also possible to use Maxflash studio without the programming cartridge through SIO2PC, but the app is on the PC, not the Atari, like Uflash.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

no, to put together the 8 megabit image rom by rom , exe by exe on the Atari, 50 60 different softs just like the workbook then flash it....

It's no sweat to flash already made single roms... or carts already made with the x86 software..... I wan the x86 out of the way entirely

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

no, to put together the 8 megabit image rom by rom , exe by exe on the Atari, 50 60 different softs just like the workbook then flash it....

It's no sweat to flash already made single roms... or carts already made with the x86 software..... I wan the x86 out of the way entirely

I would think it could theoretically be done. the reason no one is pursuing it, that I'm aware of, is size and speed. you can flash 8 mb cart in the matter of seconds with a PC. the Atari would take much, much longer since it could only process a max of about 40000 bytes at a time and at slow Atari 8-bit speeds.

Edited by hloberg

I was under the impression that Uflash used some sort of "workbook" or whatever itself, but I guess I am wrong? Anyway, I also thought it was possible (though I've never tried it either) to flash Atarimax 1 and 8Mb carts using Maxflash Studio and an SIO2PC to the cart on the Atari. But it is much, much slower that way than using the USB programming cart, which is the only way I have actually done it.

Since this thread is active again, I'll ask those who've ordered - should I be expecting an email regarding my order as to shipment or does he just ship items out? I ordered and paid for the USB Programmer cart last Thursday but haven't heard anything yet.

EDIT - I checked the first page and yes delays are normal. No problem. Just checking :)

Since this thread is active again, I'll ask those who've ordered - should I be expecting an email regarding my order as to shipment or does he just ship items out? I ordered and paid for the USB Programmer cart last Thursday but haven't heard anything yet.

EDIT - I checked the first page and yes delays are normal. No problem. Just checking :)

my experience, you get it unannounced. sometimes a wait, sometimes not. if it takes over a month, I would email him.

edit: like your youtube channel.

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1

He did notify me before shipping, but it went to my old email adress that I used years ago when I ordered my SIO2Serial for some reason. The important thing is that he does ship your goods to you.

Easy as can be. I've had one of Steve's Happy's in my 2nd 1050 for years.

My main one has a MegaSpeedy though, and that trumps the Happy on about all ways. But it takes a number of solderings although those aren't exacly hard to do either. Don't think they're available anymore though.

Easy as can be. I've had one of Steve's Happy's in my 2nd 1050 for years.

My main one has a MegaSpeedy though, and that trumps the Happy on about all ways. But it takes a number of solderings although those aren't exacly hard to do either. Don't think they're available anymore though.

I was so excited when I learned of Steve's Happy clones I bought four earlier this year, and they all work perfectly. I missed out on the MegaSpeedy, but I think some Mini Speedy's are still available. Hint: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209725-best-8-bit-atari-disk-drive-810-1050-xf551/?p=3895283

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention that I got my USB programmer cart in the mail today so a little over a month from placing the order, with shipping from the US to Canada so that's pretty good and am pleased with the service I got. So still faster than the 6-8 weeks any small business should be given when placing an order. Just wanted to add my voice to those who are happy with the service Steve Tucker has provided.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 12/6/2017 at 4:51 PM, AMenard said:

He did notify me before shipping, but it went to my old email adress that I used years ago when I ordered my SIO2Serial for some reason. The important thing is that he does ship your goods to you.

Ok, I was surprised to find this thread after ordering but not hearing back... 

Alright I'll wait before asking for a credit card refund.