IGNORED

Commodore 128 with 1541 floppy drive.

Cobra Commander

I've had this for a few years and have used it only a couple times so I'm gonna let it go if anyone wants it.

I've played Risk on it a few times but that's extent of my explorations with it. The disk drive came from another person on Ebay and has been modified somehow, hence the additional switches on the front. I don't remember what the guy stated they were for but the drive loads programs from disk so I didn't investigate any further. The computer has a box, not an awesome one, with inserts and original power supply. All the plastic has the typical yellow "patina" and doesn't appear to have any smokers residue on anything. In addition to Risk there are four other floppies with random games, and floppies for Questron and Coil Cop. I loaded Coil Cop but not the others. I haven't tried any other peripherals like joysticks of cassette drives. There are also two serial cables and I'll throw in a RCA cable for the video.

$150.00 is my price + shipping from 32506. I'll box it up and get a weight and dimensions here shortly.

Willing to entertain other reasonable offers as well.

Open to trades, but I'm really trying to raise some tuition funds for my last semester of college so money is tight.

post-5530-0-84984700-1502389139_thumb.jpg

post-5530-0-86985100-1502389113_thumb.jpg

post-5530-0-22003800-1502389153_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Seems like a good deal, but I have too much Commodore sh!+ already.

I just posted to bump you and comment that I had the exact same boxed copy of Risk as a kid. I remember thinking the load times killed the fun and would just play Lord's of Conquest instead. I played a lot of C64 games, so if the load times bothered me they had to be horrendous.

Seems like a good deal, but I have too much Commodore sh!+ already.

I just posted to bump you and comment that I had the exact same boxed copy of Risk as a kid. I remember thinking the load times killed the fun and would just play Lord's of Conquest instead. I played a lot of C64 games, so if the load times bothered me they had to be horrendous.

It took me about three hours to play against five easy computer opponents. The flow seemed ok once it started moving.

• Like 1

The switch are probably for drive ID number. Commodore disk drive are shipped factory set to 8 and with the exception of 1541-II no easy way to change it other than to open the drive and hope you cut the right jumper. Many skilled people added switches so they could change ID anytime.

• Like 1

The switch are probably for drive ID number. Commodore disk drive are shipped factory set to 8 and with the exception of 1541-II no easy way to change it other than to open the drive and hope you cut the right jumper. Many skilled people added switches so they could change ID anytime.

very astute. I concur. I never attempted that on my 1541 as I am all thumbs - but I remember back in the day many of my friends doing just that. I opted for the 1571 drive when I purchased my 64C.

BTW - free bump and good luck with the sale. The C128 is a great machine.

I opted for the 1571 drive when I purchased my 64C.

1571 boots in 1541 mode by default when connected to C64, or when C128 boots directly to C64 mode via C= key on power on. Did you know you can switch it back to 1571 mode to use the 2 sided feature? I also seems to remember a weird software trick that makes 1571 behave like a dual 1541 by reading both sides separately, but that'd require the disk spindle to spin the opposite direction when it reads "B" side.

I have a pair of 1571 (one built in) with my 128D and I won't trade for anything. In 128 mode it actually loads faster thanks to the burst rate that CBM implemented. C64 originally was going to have burst mode but a couple "oops" along the way made 1541 even slower on C64 than on Vic-20