IGNORED

IIgs to Framemeister RGB

jamesk

I have a Framemeister XRGB-Mini with an RGB input (looks like an S-Video) connector. Is it possible to connect my IIgs to this and use a regular HDMI monitor? I have an IIgs monitor but, I'd like to cut down on how many monitors I have per system.

Thanks!

You can try this:

http://roger.geek.nz/scart.html

I haven't tried but it looks like the best option.

Found this too:

cncfreak says he liked it.

https://atariage.com/forums/blog/488/entry-10546-apple-iigs-scart-cable/

Note: I well have RGB experience, have not tried that cable nor do I know cncfreak.

This is just what I googled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm confused... there's a video out on the IIgs. Why not just use that and a splitter from the headphone jack into the Framemeister?

I just got a Framemeister recently and was planning to setup my IIgs soon to record game footage via an Elgato. I was planning to use my IIgs monitor and then use the video out at the same time. (Yes, you can do this.) So from the video out it would be IIgs ---> Frameister ---> Elgato ---> Monitor. Why the custom cables and SCART? What am I missing?

14 hours ago, Nintendo Penguin said:

I'm confused... there's a video out on the IIgs. Why not just use that and a splitter from the headphone jack into the Framemeister?

I just got a Framemeister recently and was planning to setup my IIgs soon to record game footage via an Elgato. I was planning to use my IIgs monitor and then use the video out at the same time. (Yes, you can do this.) So from the video out it would be IIgs ---> Frameister ---> Elgato ---> Monitor. Why the custom cables and SCART? What am I missing?

Your confusion has made me confused -

All the cables we were talking about is to use the RGB 15khz out. The cable is Apple IIgs (only) db15 to scart 21pin.

That cable is one VERY FEW ways to get RGB out a IIgs - most of the other solutions are adapters - RGB to component.

Or, special internal card that output VGA 30khz.  I think there is a box that connects to the 15pin on the back and converts the 15 to 30khz.

Somebody has made a slot card that outputs HDMI too. This is the thread on Atari Age.

Generally speaking, the SCART connector is used because most European monitors / TV used the SCART connector for RGB.

So, now its easier to use SCART cables a good SCART switch.

I have the gscartsw with my NES, SNES, 2600 and others. It works great.

More info on good switches here - https://www.retrorgb.com/scartswitches.html

The Apple II's have composite out as well. I would only use that If you are playing old Apple II games.

The Apple II used a weird color "mixing" or "blending" that only looks "right" on a composite CRT.