IGNORED

Oregon Trail for Intellivision

nanochess

Black does look the best. I bet more people would buy if black was the default. Keeping blue as default is just silly at this point.

Oscar, how about it?

Black rules. Blue sucks. If you think otherwise, you are wrong.

Ok, guys you both like black, so we made this as an option.

I should write a short history about every BASIC language having blue background, Atari 8-bit, MSX, Oric, etc. Kids programming happily with blue background, etc, etc. Nobody complaining, etc, etc.

So I like blue and it's my favorite color and I use my developer prerrogative to start it as default ;) and every beta tester didn't complain and there were 8 beta testers... so "liking+doesn't matter versus unlike" is equal to blue > black, or 90% people prefers blue ;)

Sorry guys, we won :P but both of you got your option ;)

• Like 4

Ok, guys you both like black, so we made this as an option.

I should write a short history about every BASIC language having blue background, Atari 8-bit, MSX, Oric, etc. Kids programming happily with blue background, etc, etc. Nobody complaining, etc, etc.

So I like blue and it's my favorite color and I use my developer prerrogative to start it as default ;) and every beta tester didn't complain and there were 8 beta testers... so "liking+doesn't matter versus unlike" is equal to blue > black, or 90% people prefers blue ;)

Sorry guys, we won :P but both of you got your option ;)

Both? There were two people complaining about blue? Oh, yeah...one of them is [ignored user]...

The boards haven't been burned yet...it would take you 30 seconds to remove black as an option... ;)

I would say the vote was 7 for black and 2 for blue, see poll.

So your are making blue the default for 2 people, while 7 people will need to press the button for black. Make black the default and have 2 people press button for blue.

The original version of the game has black background, so should the remake. Did Carl's Donkey Kong remake change the background color from black to blue? No. There is a reason why and it has everything to do your eyes and nothing to do with being a favorite color.

The original version of the game has black background, so should the remake.

On the other hand, 9 of the 11 people who have now voted chose your option, "Yes, my eyes love solid blue screens."

The background in the original version of the game was whatever color paper was loaded into the teletype machine. (source)

On the other hand, 9 of the 11 people who have now voted chose your option, "Yes, my eyes love solid blue screens."

The background in the original version of the game was whatever color paper was loaded into the teletype machine. (source)

From that I gather they want the game no matter the color. At the same time, when given the choice of color, they picked black from the classic apple version.

So your are making blue the default for 2 people, while 7 people will need to press the button for black. Make black the default and have 2 people press button for blue.

The original version of the game has black background, so should the remake. Did Carl's Donkey Kong remake change the background color from black to blue? No. There is a reason why and it has everything to do your eyes and nothing to do with being a favorite color.

Your unscientific poll is pointless.

You act as if you or your poll have some influence over the game

Most of the team behind the game ignored the poll

You are mistaken if you believe this is a democratic process.

The team behind the game are now having a secret vote to replace black background with the same color USA is on the map screen