IGNORED

Abbuc website down ?

Level42

Hello guys

In the ABBUC Software Contest 2017 thread, freetz said on 11 Aug 2017 - 11:55 PM:
"Carsten (ABBUC's server admin) just informed me that after updating the abbuc.de server, the machine did not come up clean again and they need to wait for remote hands to get it fixed again. During that time (which might be over the weekend), neither abbuc.de nor asc.abbuc.de will be available."

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Hallo Andreas

Wenn das noch unseren eigenen Server ist, dann ja. Aber wenn es der billige Server ist wozu wir laut JHV umziehen sollten, dann sind wir abhängig von anderen.

(English translation: If it's our own server, then yes, Carsten will fix it. If we moved to some shared server, as decided on last years meeting, than it depends on the company we hire the server space from)

Tschüß

Mathy

A good hoster wouldn't have a down time of several days. Imagine that with a company website happening....

I realize this is "just" a club website and it's for fun and not professional, but updating a server, having it not get back up again and not having an immediate roll-back plan is very very amateurish if this is done by some webhosting company.

• Like 2

Hello guys

I've mailed Carsten:

- It's our own server

- He's not hearing anything back from the "Rechenzentrum" where our server is located

- Carsten will come to the Fujiama 2017

Maybe we can talk about this at the Fujiama, since Wolfgang, our president, will also be there (I guess).

Sincerely

Mathy

Hello Holger

I'm very interested to hear the ideas you have for the website problem.

We'll probably arrive somewhere between 02:00 and 03:00 o'clock. (To West-Atlanticians: That's AM) I hope to arrive sooner, but my psyche will probably prevent me from leaving sooner.

Sincerely

Mathy