IGNORED

New games from Ironia 2017 party

+Adam+

Playing on real machine I don't notice any music issue during level breaks get ready box, I don't see any intermissions, of what do you refer?

- Additional graphics from Vidol (for intermission screen and for "congratulations" screen after clearing last cave)

Good, if it's just emulator problem then.

Intermissions is what the author called them, which is what they are, actually.

Nice, because everything online and in the cloud is proving very much to be a bad idea in so many ways...

In the cloud was the dream of the industry for years and a bad idea before for anything needed to be proven.

I'd prefer to have an executable, etc., but I'm just glad that he made one. And it's not like anyone is asking you to pay money for using it. Come on man...

Actually, you can download a local version, so no need to worry.

Sources of editor are also available here:

https://gitlab.com/bocianu/PacMad/tree/editor/editor

You can download it, and use it locally.

Apparently I know this, but thanks.

What I meant about having an executable was more of a reference to my dislike for web applications (and even Java for that matter).

[Edit: And thanks for providing the editor, it's cool and easy to use.]

Edited by MrFish

Thanks for the update. Nice improvements.

This now has some sound issues on NTSC during the intermissions/level intro screens (as least in emulation for me... can anyone else confirm?).

You're welcome :)

I'm glad it turned out to be the emulation problem, since I don't own any NTSC machine to try and see what could be wrong.

• 1 month later...

You're welcome :)

I'm glad it turned out to be the emulation problem, since I don't own any NTSC machine to try and see what could be wrong.

I finally ran this on some real hardware today and the problem is not just in emulation: I'm getting the same thing on real NTSC hardware.

Here's a short video of the problem.

Tensor Audio Problem.zip

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

After playing a bit with the "show_intermission" routine and commenting completely unrelated piece of code the music started playing correctly. The music during the gameplay got corrupted, though...

Seems like something behind my understanding of Atari is happening here.

My one and only suspicion is that I keep executing "jsr RASTERMUSICTRACKER+3" in VBI and in other places I happily call "jsr RASTERMUSICTRACKER" to play different song without any means of synchronization. Should I make sure that there are no calls to playroutine until player is fully initialized (ie. disable VBI before player init call and reenable afterwards)?

Anyway, the code is freely available on GitHub - if some great coder could take a look and suggest what could be wrong I'll be glad for any hints.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...