IGNORED

Atari 2600 POP Kiosk FOR SALE (Ohio)

poisongoomba

Hi guys. I am a new member here, but I wanted to give the AtariAge members first dibs on this Kiosk before I list it on eBay.

I have looked through the forums, and it appears the last Kiosk sold in 2014, but I don't see what price it sold for, and one in 2013 for I am assuming $750. I don't think one has popped up since then.

This kiosk does not have the built in brain board.

I purchased this from an older couple who got it from a K-Mart in 1986. It has been sitting in their basement ever since, and does show some signs of wear, but nothing major. Most damage as you will see in the photos is along the front control panel laminate. There is some moisture damage on the underside at the base in the rear, but you can't even see it when up against a wall. Also, it appears to be missing two of the bottom shelves, but a piece of MDF would suffice in replacement, it is pretty basic.

T-molding all looks pretty decent, plexi has some scuffs but not too bad. Around the control panel there is some staining from what looks like Pepsi or something, but not too bad.

I tried to clean it the best I could but with a little extra work I'm sure it could be restored further.

The controls work great. In fact, it makes playing 2600 enjoyable lol. The paddles might need a shot of electronics cleaner, but they both still function fairly well.

It is currently stationed in my garage, up on pallets. The featured photo shows it all decked out with merchandise (and photoshopped into a nicer looking room rather than a garage, lol) - sorry, games not included.

Please click the imgur album link to see more photos. Included is the kiosk itself, the gnarly Sony Trinitron, and the 2600 console.

I am in the Springfield/Dayton area in Ohio, and I assume most of you would prefer to pickup so you could see it in person first - but if I can get close to my price I might consider doing a delivery, make a weekend out of it. It would be delivered disassembled of course (assembly is like 12 screws).

Here is my eBay user account if you'd like to check my feedback/whatever; http://www.ebay.com/usr/poisongoomba

Link to imgur album with more photos: http://imgur.com/a/auJBu

Please feel free to ask me any questions about it. I don't have a lot of room to store it, and I would love it to go to a good home where it can be preserved.

Thanks!

EDIT: I currently have a standing offer for $1500, the buyer wants to meet me in September. So I will put a hold on until then.

post-61436-0-01889300-1502974535_thumb.jpg

Edited by poisongoomba
  • Like 4

• 4 years later...