IGNORED

Lynx Reprints and new releases Available Now

Beta Phase Games

What is hotdog about? I might bite into this one. :P

EDIT: Email sent for Hot dog and Quadromania. :grin:

Hot Dog is a decent platformer that was certainly influenced by the Sonic series. Graphics and playability are pretty good, but I still feel that Scrapyard Dog is the premier platformer on the Lynx.

• Like 1

Hot Dog is a decent platformer that was certainly influenced by the Sonic series. Graphics and playability are pretty good, but I still feel that Scrapyard Dog is the premier platformer on the Lynx.

Scrapyard Dog is pretty bad on 7800. I haven't played the Lynx version yet. You got my email?

Has anyone recieved an email reply from Beta Phase yet?

Not trolling, its a serious question.

Yes, they were confirming my pre-order of:-

1) All copies of Relief Pitcher.

2) All copies of AvP.

3) All copies of HotDog.

Seriously though, no - nothing yet, but I am patient! Chill, they will contact people when they are ready. You've gotta remember that this isn't their purpose of existance, they do have jobs, family etc. It will happen, I am sure they want it to because they will make some money =D

• Like 1

An acknowledgement of receipt would be nice.

"Thanks, you have been added to the wait list for games A and B. I'll contact you for payment info when ready to ship."

I sent email and PM. As far as I know, nothing indicating he has received or even viewed the messages. Even a brick wall returns the kickball back to you...

• Like 2

Here's my issue. When you say your gonna do something by a certain date(which was April) and that date passes with no response or post weeks later and it's done multiple times, I'm gonna get very impatient. Simply don't say you're gonna do something by a certain date and not do it. I understand life gets in the way, but this has gone on way too long. Now, trust me, I'm very patient. I'm waiting a year and a half for Zaku and I'm ok with that because they don't give an exact date. The fact is, this has been a disaster, but I still have faith that it's gonna happen……

• Like 3

Here's my issue. When you say your gonna do something by a certain date(which was April) and that date passes with no response or post weeks later and it's done multiple times, I'm gonna get very impatient. Simply don't say you're gonna do something by a certain date and not do it. I understand life gets in the way, but this has gone on way too long. Now, trust me, I'm very patient. I'm waiting a year and a half for Zaku and I'm ok with that because they don't give an exact date. The fact is, this has been a disaster, but I still have faith that it's gonna happen……

Yeah, I do get where you're coming from - but this is the retro scene and its regular behaviour! Consider Kraut Busters on the Neo Geo, that's about to get a delay until early next year when people have waited 2+ years for development. The next one is Paprium on the Megadrive, that was announced delayed yesterday, and they are blaming PayPal on holding funds (biggest b*** s**** excuse ever imo since they make a LOT of money outside of PayPal from other platforms, so unless they cannot manage money properly its no excuse for the delay at all). Watermelon always drag their feet and I wouldn't be suprised if its another 12 months yet. Sure they are development examples, but its sort of the same thing - logistics, things getting in the way etc. And the other thing both of those other companies have in common is they say a particular date and it comes and goes. The same thing happens with a lot of Kickstarter and Indigogo campaigns.

I do agree better communications would be nice, but I kind of expect it for anything in the retro scene. It's a hobby at the end of the day. Also consider ourselves lucky in that we haven't been asked to pre-pay. Candle took around £70 off several of us about 3 or 4 years ago for a prototype of his LCD screen for the Lynx. He never produced anything for us and stopped replying - if you want an example of bad comms, there's one!

• Like 1

Yeah, I do get where you're coming from - but this is the retro scene and its regular behaviour! Consider Kraut Busters on the Neo Geo, that's about to get a delay until early next year when people have waited 2+ years for development. The next one is Paprium on the Megadrive, that was announced delayed yesterday, and they are blaming PayPal on holding funds (biggest b*** s**** excuse ever imo since they make a LOT of money outside of PayPal from other platforms, so unless they cannot manage money properly its no excuse for the delay at all). Watermelon always drag their feet and I wouldn't be suprised if its another 12 months yet. Sure they are development examples, but its sort of the same thing - logistics, things getting in the way etc. And the other thing both of those other companies have in common is they say a particular date and it comes and goes. The same thing happens with a lot of Kickstarter and Indigogo campaigns.

I do agree better communications would be nice, but I kind of expect it for anything in the retro scene. It's a hobby at the end of the day. Also consider ourselves lucky in that we haven't been asked to pre-pay. Candle took around £70 off several of us about 3 or 4 years ago for a prototype of his LCD screen for the Lynx. He never produced anything for us and stopped replying - if you want an example of bad comms, there's one!

I am pretty new to the homebrew scene. I've been a lurker for a long time until recently started buying. I am a bit worried about Zaku. I thought it was a bit crazy to pay a year and a half before it's rerelease, but I took the plunge. It still sucks, but at least I know what to expect now.
  • Like 1

I am pretty new to the homebrew scene. I've been a lurker for a long time until recently started buying. I am a bit worried about Zaku. I thought it was a bit crazy to pay a year and a half before it's rerelease, but I took the plunge. It still sucks, but at least I know what to expect now.

I wouldn't worry about Zaku, they will produce another run when the numbers of pre-orders are right!

I wouldn't worry about Zaku, they will produce another run when the numbers of pre-orders are right!

I'm not too worried about Zaku. A lot of people said they're pretty legit and I got in early. It's just a little unnerving to fork out $60 almost 2 years early. I'm glad BPG didn't ask for money up front.