IGNORED

Lynx Reprints and new releases Available Now

Beta Phase Games

Speaking of missing / delayed homebrews and/or indie games, I'm still waiting on a number of kickstarters to fulfill my rewards. Also got some cool loot from KS over time, but as with any investment, it's a gamble. Most successful projects well exceed the delivery timelines if they do deliver at all...

One thing I do commend the OP for, bad communication notwithstanding, is that he's not currently holding a bag full of preorder monies or crowdfund contributions with nothing to deliver, unlike many other projects which will remain nameless.

• Like 2

Kickstarter for Lynx game development... good idea.

Sounds like a nightmare to me. It is bad enough that you write 80% of the game and then get stuck for ages. Just think about the stress if you was forced to finish the game due to some Kickstarter deadline. It would feel like a job - not a hobby.

• Like 1

that was a joke.

If so it wouldn't be the first homebrew that went through KS. But if you're going to crowdfund a homebrew, it needs to be for a popular system (not Lynx) or have a small pledge goal.

The majority of successful campaigns have delivered for me over the years. A handful I'm still waiting on, but only one backed project so far (Animusic 3, not related to gaming) seems completely DOA. Knocks on wood that my others I'm waiting on deliver.

Russian Roulette came a couple months back and I had fun with that one. Really looking forward to Spook-O-Tron as well. Also got the Wisdom Tree collection from Piko and he's got good track record as well.

Socks the Cat and Tanglewood are question marks currently.

And perhaps my favorite KS of all, the 8-bit Lit Question Block Lamp, and the only one that actually delivered by the deadline.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

It's Quadromania I want but I will well and truly be getting that from Der Luchs - there is someone who is a fine example of how to interact with potential and existing customers never mind the quality of his product.

Der Luchs is awesome! And the quality is perfection! We definitely would have the games by now if Luchs Soft was in charge. Their communication is second to none.

I'll be honest, I think I would be afraid to give these guys my money now

You will be fine! Lots of people dealt with these guys many many times over the years! They are basically waiting on supplies of boards, so they have enough. Then I am sure we will see them taking payments and shipping. Besides which, if you're paying by PayPal or credit card you will have buyer protection anyway. If I am honest I prefer their approach of waiting until they have stock confirmed vs email pre-orders before taking peoples money (unlike other companies - mentioning no watermelons...).

• Like 1

You will be fine! Lots of people dealt with these guys many many times over the years! They are basically waiting on supplies of boards, so they have enough. Then I am sure we will see them taking payments and shipping. Besides which, if you're paying by PayPal or credit card you will have buyer protection anyway. If I am honest I prefer their approach of waiting until they have stock confirmed vs email pre-orders before taking peoples money (unlike other companies - mentioning no watermelons...).

Good point sir.

Afterall, Beta Phase did a very professional excellant successful job with the last time they released these titles.

(My very positive outlook)☺

I appreciate the part of being busy and that delaying delivery. But less so on the communication. I'm incredibly busy, but manage to let people know what's going on when they need me to. I'd be even more vigilant if it were potential customers.

It's not hard to chime in on a forum once a week?

• Like 1

Here's a message from Beta Phase he wants me to share with you all:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dfn4jIlFwuLU&ved=0ahUKEwjb0o-D6bbWAhXr6oMKHcDWBE0Q3ywIHjAA&usg=AFQjCNG0z5aS2OhwIJFTBmPbeUgJiXSQZA

Shhhhhhhhhhhh☝

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1