IGNORED

Team Play - Anyone Interested?

KaeruYojimbo

I've been rolling this idea for team-based play around in my head for something to do after the season. Here's the basic concept: teams of 3-4 players paired off playing a single game. Players earn 1 point for their team for each member of the other team they beat. The team with the most points wins the match. The team with the most wins at the end is the champion. We'd most likely keep the season short, 4-5 weeks depending on the number of teams. What does everyone think?

Players as of 9-9-17:

Abel M'Vada

classicgamer_27330

DarQ Massacres

darthkur*

Gorfy

karokoening

keilbaca

Lauren Tyler

LidLikesIntellivision

Mister-VCS

Northcoastgamer

S.BAZ*

Sneakyturtleegg

TheHoboInYourRoom

toiletunes*

Vocelli*

* = captains

Draft order:

1. toiletunes (Tornadoes)

2. Vocelli (Dragon Slayers)

3. S.BAZ (Star Blazers)

4. darthkur (Alien Invaders)

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 6

How are the teams formed?

I'm open to suggestions. One idea would be to have everyone assign themselves to teams, like has been done for the Olympics. I was thinking it could be fun to have some sort of draft though. Nominate team captains and let them chose players. Make a little event out of it maybe.

• Like 1

I'm open to suggestions. One idea would be to have everyone assign themselves to teams, like has been done for the Olympics. I was thinking it could be fun to have some sort of draft though. Nominate team captains and let them chose players. Make a little event out of it maybe.

Sounds like a good idea, You could have the top 4 players who are interested be the team captains, that way they don't get concentrated into just one or two powerhouse teams.

• Like 1

Alright! That's enough players for 4 teams!

On a side note, I put together a list of possible games to use, trying to focus on games that are well-liked, not too rare and that haven't been played in the HSC recently, all to keep interest and participation as high as possible. And now 2 of those games are in the HSC final round.

You can already tell who is going to win just by looking at the standings. We know who the great players are. I'm a casual, middle of the road player. Some games I am ok at, some I am not. With that being said, I do like the concept and would be interested in playing. If there is a way, we need to get players of the same skill level playing against each other for it to be competitive. Regardless, I think it will still be fun.

• Like 1

You can already tell who is going to win just by looking at the standings. We know who the great players are. I'm a casual, middle of the road player. Some games I am ok at, some I am not. With that being said, I do like the concept and would be interested in playing. If there is a way, we need to get players of the same skill level playing against each other for it to be competitive. Regardless, I think it will still be fun.

The plan is to make the top players team captains. The draft would then go in the reverse order of the final standings, so the lowest ranked captain gets the first pick and on from there. It isn't perfect, but hopefully it will keep all of the best players from ending up on one powerhouse team and make things more competitive. And keep in mind this is all team-based. There will be no individual standings. One player can dominate a game but if the rest of the team doesn't pull their weight, that team can still lose.

I've updated the first post with a list of everyone who's interested in playing so far, with potential captains marked with an *. (Technically, I would be the fourth captain, but I thought running the tournament and captaining a team was a little "conflict of interest-y")

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1