IGNORED

Tempest 4000

Gregory DG

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed something that the "spinner" version of Tempest 4000 has over on the "Game controller" version that I believe gives it an advantage, Claw speed, The spinner version's claw speed is significantly faster than the controller version !

Here is a comparison of the two versions with the claw going around the first level at max speed in both versions...

Controller version takes 1.10 seconds to go around once...

Spinner version takes 0.67 seconds to go around once...

That's just 0.24 seconds from being twice as fast !

Edited by Tempest Nut

Although the two versions are not any dif in that if you use a controller with the "spinner" version it goes as slow as the "controller" version, So it's being able to use a spinner in one vs the other, Not one version over the other...

If that makes sense ?

Edited by Tempest Nut

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try it again. Ever since I first got it and realized it was refusing to act like I played any of it... saying I had no scores... I haven't played it. Kinda frustrated at it.

Mine did that once and what I did was find these two files in this directory and made sure they weren't read-only or the directory wasn't read-only "C:\Users\(your computer)\Documents\Tempest4000_Savedata" and just to be sure I deleted both files and let the game make them from scratch again, Of course, you will have to set up your key mapping again but mine started to work again and has been fine ever since...

Might have to put the disc in and attempt a score. Last time I played (Xbone) there were hardly any scores in the leaderboards. I'm guessing the game flopped majorly, which sucks. Minter is a god amongst men, erm, llamas.

Might have to put the disc in and attempt a score. Last time I played (Xbone) there were hardly any scores in the leaderboards. I'm guessing the game flopped majorly, which sucks. Minter is a god amongst men, erm, llamas.

Flopped? There are around 6000 pure PC leaderboard scores so flopped, I don't think so...

Flopped? There are around 6000 pure PC leaderboard scores so flopped, I don't think so...

I don't know how those boards translate to sales but 6000 isn't exactly a large number. Last time I played on Xbone I was near the top of the leaderboard and I only played it a few times - and I'm certainly not great at the game, so yeah, I'd consider it a huge flop. Of course sales could have picked up by then but if there are only 6k scores on PC I doubt it.

EDIT: There are 66 reviews on Steam. In my experience (from both game a book sales) around 1% of people bother to review a game, so that works out at roughly 6600 sales - which seems in line with the leaderboards. That's a REALLY low number. I just hope it doesn't stop Atari and Minter et al from making more cool stuff, because this game is awesome. I don't quite like it as much as T2K but I think that's probably mainly for nostalgic reasons...

Edited by MantaNZ
  • Like 2

I don't know how those boards translate to sales but 6000 isn't exactly a large number. Last time I played on Xbone I was near the top of the leaderboard and I only played it a few times - and I'm certainly not great at the game, so yeah, I'd consider it a huge flop. Of course sales could have picked up by then but if there are only 6k scores on PC I doubt it.

EDIT: There are 66 reviews on Steam. In my experience (from both game a book sales) around 1% of people bother to review a game, so that works out at roughly 6600 sales - which seems in line with the leaderboards. That's a REALLY low number. I just hope it doesn't stop Atari and Minter et al from making more cool stuff, because this game is awesome. I don't quite like it as much as T2K but I think that's probably mainly for nostalgic reasons...

6000 was for pure mode only, There are no doubt more in class1c and surv1val mode but of course many are the same players from pure mode BUT not all, And there are the PlayStation players as well, I've never reviewed any games, So is it a flop? Well compared to games like fortnight YES, But compared to Atari's other releases I'd bet it was Atari's best seller of 2018 ! lol

It's the best version of Tempest ever made! But that's just a Tempest Nut's opinion who can play the game with an arcade spinner!!! And for the moment I am the best of the best of the "elite" players at Tempest 4000! The players that were #1 when I first started playing a few months ago aren't even close anymore...

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...