IGNORED

Tempest 4000

Gregory DG

Well...

True to my word, i waited for a physical version and Jeff did get my money

Picked it up on PS4 and having got bored with GTA 5, just gave it a crack.

Inital impressions are definitely Hmmn non. ..

I'm not a fan of the visual style used for the A.I Droid, nor am i liking the flying through the rings section between each level.

Controls are taking some time to get a feel for.PS4 Dual Stick does not offer the precision i crave, D-pad is better, but what gives with this bloody coasting?.

Default settings for Audio had the speech and Sound FX subdued by the music to the point of being almost drowned out by it and it's taking some tinkering to find just the right balance (and why can i not adjust both in game? have to quit to main menu to tweak

Even with balance where i want it..audio seems a little...pedestrian? for Minter.

I am playing on a 4K TV but seriously Jeff the game throws a little too much visual clutter at you at once and it overwhelms.

I'm warming to the game, but it's bloody tough.

Only reached level 7 so far

Minter is on here if you want to ask him directly.

Where?

In the past i contacted him directly, 1 st for Atari Gamer, then for ST Gamer and finally about his brief work on the Panther and Unity on the G.C when Unseen64 wanted info.

Never had a single reply.

Had to have others tweet him on my behalf over those nonsense claims he'd coded on the Lynx, loved it and was doing Ultra Star Raiders..

Or used quotes from interviews he did with the press..

Or put up documents regarding his Jaguar development (Defender 2000) Scott Stilphen passed onto me.

I've bought and enjoyed Jeff's games on the A8, C64, ST, Jaguar and now PS4, but had zero luck getting anything back from any Q's put to him in the past.

I will happily chat with anyone from the industry, espically those who's lifetime of work i have experienced.

Not going to shy away from fact not everything Jeff has done has been to my tastes, but my hopefully constructive criticism has always been made as someone who bought his work, rather than borrowed or played at a friends.

If your out there Jeff, be great to put some misc Q's your way.

Either P.M me or post in here.

Ta.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

A friend of mine saw this in my PS4 library and in a rather excited state, rushed out and bought a copy,having been a huge Tempest 2000 and to lesser extent Tempest X3 fan.

He messaged me 2 days later,Sold It,Hated it :@ was the wording.

The difficulty level from the start just killed it for him.

He might have felt dif if he could have played it the way it was designed to be played, with a rotary controller!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 6:55 AM, Tempest Nut said:

I'm up to 15,000,000 points in Class1c as of last night which is almost a million points ahead of 2nd place!

Class1c-15-million.jpg

Ah so it's you! Impressive! I was just playing today. T4K has now replaced T2K as my all time fave shooter. Just took a bit of getting used to. It's definitely harder.

EDIT: It's not you - I'm playing on Xbox. I think the top score is around 12,000,000 so you're a fair way ahead! I can only get to 650k or so but I'm still 115 or something on the leaderboards. 

Also... I bought the physical game from Amazon. It's not available physically or digitally in NZ on Xbone. I wonder why?

Edited by MantaNZ

On 5/19/2019 at 5:56 AM, Lost Dragon said:

Where?

In the past i contacted him directly, 1 st for Atari Gamer, then for ST Gamer and finally about his brief work on the Panther and Unity on the G.C when Unseen64 wanted info.

Never had a single reply.

Had to have others tweet him on my behalf over those nonsense claims he'd coded on the Lynx, loved it and was doing Ultra Star Raiders..

Or used quotes from interviews he did with the press..

Or put up documents regarding his Jaguar development (Defender 2000) Scott Stilphen passed onto me.

I've bought and enjoyed Jeff's games on the A8, C64, ST, Jaguar and now PS4, but had zero luck getting anything back from any Q's put to him in the past.

I've had the same experience. I used to write for gaming mags and websites (I do cars now) and I'm also a developer and I've never had a reply.

I get the feeling he likes to keep to himself. Although if you follow him on that Periscope thingy he feeds his sheep live and answers questions as he's doing it. Seems a very nice guy.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 6:49 AM, MantaNZ said:

I've had the same experience. I used to write for gaming mags and websites (I do cars now) and I'm also a developer and I've never had a reply.

I get the feeling he likes to keep to himself. Although if you follow him on that Periscope thingy he feeds his sheep live and answers questions as he's doing it. Seems a very nice guy.

Luca :Unseen64 was after him for further info on Unity (G.C) But used the coverage from Edge Magazine etc instead.

I found him talking about his Panther work via various sources,so that was put to rest.

He was Tweeted and kind enough to reply that he had never touched the Lynx, let alone Ultra Star Raiders and i since found interviews with him explaining Llamasoft was too small to do any Jaguar development and Atari UK were showing no interest in him bringing ST Defender II to the Lynx.

Scott Stilphen passed on the D2K documents.

So whilst it was a case of the long road taken,we did piece together everything we wanted in the end. 

B-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MantaNZ said:

Damn, nice work! Such a great game. 

Thanks, It's the only game I play! 

But I'm always looking for another great game I can use my homemade spinner with, The game just needs to have mouse support because if it can be moved with a mouse I can move it with my spinner!

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 2:35 PM, Tempest Nut said:

Thanks, It's the only game I play! 

But I'm always looking for another great game I can use my homemade spinner with, The game just needs to have mouse support because if it can be moved with a mouse I can move it with my spinner!

Have you played Tempest 3000? I’ve never even seen a Nuon but I REALLY want that game, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...