IGNORED

Tempest 4000

Gregory DG

Got my Tempest 4000 in the mail today. Went with the PS4 version, even though I think the Xbox version has a better chance of working on future xbox consoles, strickly for the PSVR capability. Going to give it a go tonight!!

Review, please. I haven't bought a PS4 game in two years, and I'll buy it from Amazon if it's worth the purchase.

• Like 1

The PC version doesn't let you use analog controls, and if it's going to be patched, it's taking a long time.

I got the Xbone version and agree with you, it's nice enough. Glad to see you enjoying something on that platform. :)

i have the pc steam version also, but there it's a little more problematic.

i think they were able to make the game stable enough for the consoles at the

expense of the pc version.

there's still a lot of complaints about it.

but since i have the proper controllers, and know how to play, it doesn't impact me as much as it does for other people.

and the price point is right, i would have never bought it at the original price point.

later

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say around 2010 the Jaguars started to climb in price. But by then it was hitting the 15-18 year mark. Yep, the Jags are now a 20+ year old system.

Anyway, Tempest 4000... what a trip. :D . Still has the great music with new music, has improved graphics with the feel of T-2000, and the older and newer weapons. As said, worth every penny.

Between Bubsy and Tempest maybe pick up Doom and Raiden 5 and I'll basically have my Jaguar on steriods.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been messing around with the PC games "Tempest4000.exe" and I've got it working with my homemade spinner box without using any outside programs, As it is right now there is no way to adjust the "claw" speed and it's a bit on the slow side for my taste BUT it is working ! :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me how do you embed videos in a post ?

Gees, The bass sure comes through in that video ! :grin:

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 1

I've been messing around with the PC games "Tempest4000.exe" and I've got it working with my homemade spinner box without using any outside programs, As it is right now there is no way to adjust the "claw" speed and it's a bit on the slow side for my taste BUT it is working ! :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/XKe-MzVRqUI

Can anyone tell me how do you embed videos in a post ?

Gees, The bass sure comes through in that video ! :grin:

just include the full youtube link, it will get converted

later

Apparently, I messed up something in the .exe getting the spinner to work.

When you hit the jump button it sets off the super zapper as well BUT when you hit the super zapper it doesn't jump through, It's most def something in the .exe and not a button config or mapping issue.

And like I said the claw is pretty slow to my liking.

Still more work to be done...

Hummm, I thought more people would be into getting a spinner to work with Tempest 4000 ?

I guess It's just me...

The games been out for awhile, and a few had it on console.

The whole interest in the PC version died out after waiting months for patches

that haven't come out.

I have the PC version, and the XBOX one version, and spinners, but already have a way

to play.

Also, there was already a way to play the PC version with a spinner as mentioned on Steam.

later

Edited by negative1

Also, there was already a way to play the PC version with a spinner as mentioned on Steam.

Unless your PC OS is Windows 7 64 bit as the UCR + vjoy method doesn't work...

I had thought if there was a way to just plug & play with a spinner more people would be interested in it because spinner over a dpad is not even close IMHO...

• Like 1

Unless your PC OS is Windows 7 64 bit as the UCR + vjoy method doesn't work...

I had thought if there was a way to just plug & play with a spinner more people would be interested in it because spinner over a dpad is not even close IMHO...

Thats what I have, along with windows 8/8.1, so if i wanted to I could do it.

Honestly, the stick works fine on the xbox one.

later

Edited by negative1