IGNORED

10 of my favorite AMIGA games.

OldSchoolRetroGamer

Top 10 AMIGA games. Well, certainly such lists are subjective and I am not saying all or any were exclusives, indeed some may have been better or more popular elsewhere but my fond memories of them originated on AMIGA so simply I will name 10 games that I highly enjoyed going back to those may years ago when I had original Amiga hardware. I will go with -

1. Lemmings

2. Stunt car Racer

3. SkidMarks

4. Turrican

5. The Chaos Engine

6. Battle Squadron

7. Zany Golf

8. Zenon II Megablast

9. The Secret of Monkey Island

10. Flashback

To be clear, this was literally the first things that sprang to mind off the top of my head and could likely change dramatically from moment to moment and I could literally think of dozens if not hundreds more and that is not even including various PD / Shareware / Demos and well if I am honest tons and tons of pirated titles I traded for back in the day. Was such a wonderful platform.

• Like 1

Nice list! Battle Squadron was especially incredible at the time.

This might be close to my Top 10 as I spent a lot of time with and have fond memories of playing BITD. In no particular order:

Defender of the Crown (okay, this may be #1 actually)

Battle Squadron

The Three Stooges

Cannon Fodder

Pinball Fantasies

Dune II

Test Drive/Test Drive II

James Pond/James Pond II

Rick Dangerous

Battle Chess

Honorable mentions: Firepower, R-Type, R-Type II, Golden Axe, Prince of Persia, Qix, Rambo III, Off Road, Superfrog, Populous, Arkanoid, Skyfox, Frontier: Elite II, Starflight, Pirates, D/Generation, Battle Isle, Micro Machines, Worms, Stardust... so many great games, impossible to pick just 10. :love:

• Like 1

Nice list! Battle Squadron was especially incredible at the time.

This might be close to my Top 10 as I spent a lot of time with and have fond memories of playing BITD. In no particular order:

Defender of the Crown (okay, this may be #1 actually)

Battle Squadron

The Three Stooges

Cannon Fodder

Pinball Fantasies

Dune II

Test Drive/Test Drive II

James Pond/James Pond II

Rick Dangerous

Battle Chess

Honorable mentions: Firepower, R-Type, R-Type II, Golden Axe, Prince of Persia, Qix, Rambo III, Off Road, Superfrog, Populous, Arkanoid, Skyfox, Frontier: Elite II, Starflight, Pirates, D/Generation, Battle Isle, Micro Machines, Worms, Stardust... so many great games, impossible to pick just 10. :love:

Certainty cannot argue with any of those, just so many to chose from and as I say my own list above could easily be completely different submitted again lol,

Where's Sensi guys?! So disappointed ;)

1 Sensible Soccer (best football game ever made)

2 Stunt Car Racer

3 Vroom (plays a little better on the ST to be fair, but not by much)

4 Rodland (fairies beating the shit out of monsters never gets old)

5 ATR surprisingly (plays better multiplayer than Skidmarks and Micro Machines IMO)

6 Volfied

7 Cannon Fodder

8 Worms

9 Virus

10 Syndicate

There's so many though that I've missed (that people have picked above). So much good stuff on the Amiga. Easily my favourite computer.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Always great fun to learn about other peoples favourites that you might have missed out on.

Some of mine:

Gravity Force
Super Cars

Sim City
King`s Quest IV - The Perils of Rosella
Obitus

Pro Tennis Tour 2

Ruff n´Tumble

Lotus Turbo Challenge II

Agony

Flimbo´s Quest
Alien Breed II
Fire and Brimstone
R-Type
Battle Squadron

Saint Dragon

and more... :)

• Like 1

It's hard to recall my 10 favorites, funny tho' As I go through my current Amiga games I find them. :)

Fiendish freddy's Big top of Fun (Probably the most difficult game I've ever played).
All versions of Lemmings that follow the original game mechanic.
Worms and other versions that follow the original mechanic.
Swords of Twilight.
The Immortal.
Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Speedball II Brutal Deluxe
Barbarian (Not the Psygnosis version)
Stunt car driver (I forget the exact name)
Cannon fodder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sword of Sodan (I think I'm the only one who likes it, but the Amiga version is pretty good)

And, you are not alone with this. I love this game. Not necessarily because it is a great game (its a good game, not great) but the memories surrounding this game are many. It had characters that were large and took up half of the screen (that was a big thing in those days), it had great graphics and sound and a really cool echo voice that told you what to look out for in each level ;) This was a sought after game in my area when it was released.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

ok, i post my top ten as well, in order of playtimes (more or less)

Frontier CD32*

Deluxe Galaga* (it was my girlfriends favorite)

SimCity*

Colonial Conquest II*

Lords of the Realm*

Skidmarks 2*

Siedler*

Space 1889

Chaos Engine 2* (same as for Skidmarks i had only "#2")

Railroad Tycoon

* still played

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Like so many others, it's tough to pick just 10 once I had time to think about it, but here are the games I remember playing the most back around 1989-1996:

Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe

Rise of the Dragon

Stunt Car Racer (which almost everyone who had it seemed to call Stunt Track Racer)

The Hound of Shadow

Populous

Frontier: Elite II

Syndicate

Pinball Dreams and sequels

Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble II

Out of This World

Of course I could name others like Moonstone, Les Manley in Search for the King, the TV Sports series, Earl Weaver Baseball, Street Fighter II, SimCity, Powermonger, Dark Seed, HeroQuest, The Bard's Tale, and even Micro League Wrestling (which was pretty bad but it was cool to see pics of Hulk Hogan and The Macho Man in a game in 1990), but since this is a top 10 list, I won't put these on the list. ;)

• Like 1