IGNORED

Proposal for a Super Io PEB card for a TI and Geneve

RickyDean

Guys and Gals,

As you can see from the pics, I have some proto board, both old and new, some 20 year old NOS SMC chips and finally some boards to mount them. I got these boards and chips those twenty years ago, toying with the notions that I would like to create a replacement card for the HFDC. SMC kindly sent me a couple sample chips, and due to circumstances, and costs(PC boards, and such), I never got anywhere.

Well yesterday, I received a very small order of boards from China, and I am going to start going forward with this. You will find attached also a datasheet covering the FDC 37C665GT, but I am still looking for the FDC 37C665QF version, but I think they are close enough to get started. Wish me the best, and as I make any significant moves forward I will post here in this thread. Not going to happen soon as I have a lot of things happening, but there will be some work, such as the soldering you see in the pictures.

Thanks for your time

post-41593-0-08798800-1503401727_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-83637900-1503401733_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-03182700-1503401742_thumb.jpg

fdc37C665GTdatasheet.pdf

• Like 10

• 1 year later...

Guys and Gals,

As you can see from the pics, I have some proto board, both old and new, some 20 year old NOS SMC chips and finally some boards to mount them. I got these boards and chips those twenty years ago, toying with the notions that I would like to create a replacement card for the HFDC. SMC kindly sent me a couple sample chips, and due to circumstances, and costs(PC boards, and such), I never got anywhere.

Well yesterday, I received a very small order of boards from China, and I am going to start going forward with this. You will find attached also a datasheet covering the FDC 37C665GT, but I am still looking for the FDC 37C665QF version, but I think they are close enough to get started. Wish me the best, and as I make any significant moves forward I will post here in this thread. Not going to happen soon as I have a lot of things happening, but there will be some work, such as the soldering you see in the pictures.

Thanks for your time

Did anything every progress with this project?

Just curious.

Beery

No, I will continue, but I have a lot of stuff going on and it is setting in a bin, waiting. I have been working on some outdoor projects the last 6 months(building and converting 4x4's) and on several other FDC, HFDC, and Geneve projects too, as well as work full-time. I do mean to continue, not a stopped project. Also blew out my good PEB a few months ago, so sort of stalled there.

Edited by RickyDean

• 1 year later...

I have ordered a new solder rework set, will be here next week. Since I have watched some repair video, on Macbook and ps4 hdmi repair and performed repair on the same, I have gained some level of competence on smd soldering. I was finally able to remove the excess solder from my test board and am now contemplating my next steps. This will be a slow but fulfilling process. This project is one I have been wanting to do for years though now with the ide card, not as compelling, but I think it will still be useful, at least to me. The only smd is the SMC  FDC37C665QF-P, all else will be though hole for the development boards. I do have some electronic cad software, such as kicad and will teach myself how to use it, to help in this project. Hopefully my machinist cad experience will help me to pick it up so what quicker.

Edited by RickyDean
add content
  • Like 6