IGNORED

Would it be possible to port Taito's F2 & F3 arcade games to the Jaguar?

SlidellMan

I was wondering if the Jag would be able to run the games made on Taito's F2 and F3 arcade boards, such as Elevator Action Returns, Rayforce, Bubble Symphony, Bubble Memories, Metal Black, Gun Frontier, or Space Invaders '95?

Dont tell me you are looking into trying to port those games! You got my blessing man, get on to it! Sign me up for 2 copies of each!!! You rock!

@sd32: If Taito and Square Enix allowed it, maybe.

Here's some info on said hardware from System 16:

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=661 - Taito F2

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=662- Taito F1, an expandable variant of the above.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=665- Taito F3

I think they can work, but will take lots of work in order to do so.

Edited by SlidellMan
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, that thing is awful. I thought the PC Engine version was outstanding for something operating on an 8-bit platform, but clearly that system was the minimum operating capacity to make SFII work.

I had a CIB version of that that I got from Hong Kong EBay back when I was big into Famicom oddities. Kind of cool to see it, but overall not really very playable.

• Like 1

Now I'm not a technical expert, but with memory sizes being an issue, would the option to put additional RAM in carts improve things at all? I know this sort of thing was done in ye olde days, like NES or SNES, and yes this would probably make carts a little bit more expensive, but is this a possibility?

Sigh.

• Like 1

What?

If you're admittedly not technical why do you try to offer solutions to problems you know nothing about? You are at the least confusing ROM and RAM, not to mention bank switching and/or additional processors. This is all pointless anyway is nobody is going to port Taito F3 games to the Jaguar.

If you're admittedly not technical why do you try to offer solutions to problems you know nothing about? You are at the least confusing ROM and RAM, not to mention bank switching and/or additional processors. This is all pointless anyway is nobody is going to port Taito F3 games to the Jaguar.

Look I have studied computers at college, so I'm not completely stupid, I know the difference between RAM and ROM. All Jaguar games have variable ROM sizes, so to suggest a change in that would be literally pointless. Now the reason I put forward the idea (not a solution, to be honest I've never played any of the mentioned games) is because the CD32, as an example, a machine I know a lot about, struggles to run certain games well due to a lack of RAM, so excuse me for putting forward an idea. If you don't like discussion about things, especially the Jaguar, maybe you shouldn't be on a Jaguar forum.

Edit: Nevermind. Lianne has been on here 2 years and I've been on Internet forums since before she was born. She has the right to tell me which forums I should or shouldn't be on. The CD32 is exactly like the Jaguar. Reading from a CD into RAM is the same as ROM capacity on a cart. Please accept my apologies for participating in this discussion. I look forward to the F3 ports on the Jaguar! Where can I donate to make these happen or get on the pre-order list?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Edit: Nevermind. Lianne has been on here 2 years and I've been on Internet forums since before she was born. She has the right to tell me which forums I should or shouldn't be on. The CD32 is exactly like the Jaguar. Reading from a CD into RAM is the same as ROM capacity on a cart. Please accept my apologies for participating in this discussion. I look forward to the F3 ports on the Jaguar! Where can I donate to make these happen or get on the pre-order list?

What is your problem?

• Like 1

What is your problem? You're the one getting funny with me, so I don't really understand what you're getting at?! It's supposed to be a friendly discussion, not whatever this is.