IGNORED

VGA Adaptor for Apple II and IIGS

Sky7

Was there never a VGA adapter for the Apple II or the IIGS that would convert the RGB signal to VGA and provide scan-doubling support? I have noticed that there are one or two VGA adapter cards available but requires you to find a VGA display that will will sync down to 15 Khz.

I'm looking for a display adapter along the lines of the Microway FlickerFixer's that were available for the Amiga computers with a video expansion slot. The Microway FlickerFixer would convert the Amiga's RGB signal to VGA but also provide scan-doubling support at 30 Khz. This allowed you to use just about any off the shelf VGA monitor.

I have just restored a nice Apple IIGS and I'm now looking to use a VGA display.

Edited by Sky7

Was there never a VGA adapter for the Apple II or the IIGS that would convert the RGB signal to VGA and provide scan-doubling support? I have noticed that there are one or two VGA adapter cards available but requires you to find a VGA display that will will sync down to 15 Khz.

I'm looking for a display adapter along the lines of the Microway FlickerFixer's that were available for the Amiga computers with a video expansion slot. The Microway FlickerFixer would convert the Amiga's RGB signal to VGA but also provide scan-doubling support at 30 Khz. This allowed you to use just about any off the shelf VGA monitor.

I have just restored a nice Apple IIGS and I'm now looking to use a VGA display.

http://www.a2heaven.com/webshop/

Apple II thru IIe have a card with up scaling built in and a box for the IIc.

The manual says they are working on one for the IIgs.

Both appear to be out of stock tho.icon_tears.gif

The IIgs - best bet right now is a cable to a PVM/BVM or a VGA adapter to a multi-sync monitor that supports 15khz or VGA adapter to an upscaler / doubler with a modern monitor.

Nishida Radio makes (made?) small batches of DVI and VGA adapters for the ROM03 IIgs:

http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/DIGITAL/english.html

I have one of his DVI adapters and they are awesome!

Hopefully his health will improve so that he can make some more of these.

• Like 1