IGNORED

Hellhole from Fury Unlimited

Darrin9999

Wow what a way to make money. What a jerk. Hope something can be done to stop him from scamming more people.

I will never do business with him again. I ordered Warrior, waited for like 3 years and asked for and received a refund (even though his www at the time said "no refunds").

I eventually got to play Warrior and am glad I got my refund.

I will never do business with him again. I ordered Warrior, waited for like 3 years and asked for and received a refund (even though his www at the time said "no refunds").

I eventually got to play Warrior and am glad I got my refund.

Well - I've ordered and received several games from Fury over the years.

Then I 'heard' rumors etc.

Something(?) happened...

I did get Warrior about 4 years after I ordered it.

BUT I did get it.

At this point I feel that I still might get Hellhole but only he (they?) know.

I've got about $200-$300 dollars 'invested' in games that I'll never see (some of it here Thanks Chickybaby :mad: )

Jeff31

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like there is a big gap, I subscribe to his magazine and it just comes when it comes. Fortunately the PDFs as immediate for back issues. I think he some issue with his last project with (Yeti) that ran into a lot of quality issues. I still ordered the controller/game, I think I am number 116. With homebrew things like this you are always taking a risk and/or an exercise in patience.

• 8 months later...

It seems like there is a big gap, I subscribe to his magazine and it just comes when it comes. Fortunately the PDFs as immediate for back issues. I think he some issue with his last project with (Yeti) that ran into a lot of quality issues. I still ordered the controller/game, I think I am number 116. With homebrew things like this you are always taking a risk and/or an exercise in patience.

Agreed. I've ordered many things from Fury and I've never not gotten what I ordered. Yes, Warrior took forever. But I have it and I love it, better than the arcade version, much cheaper than tracking down and restoring the arcade game. I believe I've ordered Hellhole already from way back, assuming I receive it (plus the controller) I will be fine with it. It's not like my life depended on playing it a week after I ordered it.

I like his Vectorbolt magazine, which I subscribe to. There's nothing else out there like it. It's not store magazine quality but outside of Retro Gamer I can't find any magazine that will address old vector games.

I look at it as sort of being the same as searching for years for some rare game or set or whatever on eBay, looking and waiting and beginning to believe no one will ever put one up for sale and then, finally, 4+ years later, there it is! Jump on it, PayPal it, now it's mine. This has actually happened with a few items I've gotten off of eBay, I have a few Firefox tabs open for the various rare shit I'm hunting for. Every once in a while, one of them appears. I certainly don't get mad at those guys for waiting so long to sell whatever it is I want. Except, unlike eBay, I do know that I will get that Fury game I ordered and paid for.

It's the same as like what happened with Tempest for the Atari 5200 (here on AtariAge). That game was an unfinished (unplayable) prototype, someone tracked down the original programmer who agreed to finish it on his own time while still having a real life and job, it took years and years, some people started to lose hope (and complain), it was finally completed with Trak-ball support, with a box and manual, I couldn't be happier. Now, how would that be different if some of those people had paid in advance for it? Sure, the wait sucks, but it happened, the game exists.

• Like 1

Didn't they just release more for sale too?

Looks like I should be thinking twice about ordering the blackout controller? If I do I would put in a PayPal claim after 5.5 months.

George Pelonis always delivers, eventually. Whether as a direct sale from his http://www.FuryUnlimited.comsite , of via his eBay sales. But it's true that those who purchase via eBay will receive their items faster, generally speaking.

You can trust your money will not disappear. But you may (will) need some patience worthy of a Buddhist monk.

George Pelonis always delivers, eventually. Whether as a direct sale from his http://www.FuryUnlimited.comsite , of via his eBay sales. But it's true that those who purchase via eBay will receive their items faster, generally speaking.

You can trust your money will not disappear. But you may (will) need some patience worthy of a Buddhist monk.

Yes - I waited for YEARS for Warrior - but come on... (and yes I've 'backed' individuals who've had problems for a time - but NOT THIS LONG!)

This sorta reminds me of Tutronix for the Vectrex. Guy takes YEARS to produce games - but he DOES not ask AND GET money UNTIL the game is ready to ship.

I paid for the controller and game on 7/12/2012 nearly 6 YEARS AGO.

ANY updates? - NADA - NOTHING --- I had a heart attack - something else? NOPE

I'm a real sucker (obviously) - give me a freakin update...

GOD I've 'seen' individuals RIPPED apart (ON THESE FORUMS) for not delivering goods that were promised...

guess Fury gets a pass...

Send me my game and controller....

THEN WHEN A NEW GAME IS MADE - SEND IT TO ME AND THEN I'LL PAY...

Jeff31

Yes - I waited for YEARS for Warrior - but come on... (and yes I've 'backed' individuals who've had problems for a time - but NOT THIS LONG!)

This sorta reminds me of Tutronix for the Vectrex. Guy takes YEARS to produce games - but he DOES not ask AND GET money UNTIL the game is ready to ship.

I paid for the controller and game on 7/12/2012 nearly 6 YEARS AGO.

ANY updates? - NADA - NOTHING --- I had a heart attack - something else? NOPE

I'm a real sucker (obviously) - give me a freakin update...

GOD I've 'seen' individuals RIPPED apart (ON THESE FORUMS) for not delivering goods that were promised...

guess Fury gets a pass...

Yes, maybe he does. Because he does deliver the goods. Now, maybe the wait is too much for some people and there I can agree but it's unavoidable. By that I mean that it's the same wait for everyone whether they pre-pay or not, Fury isn't going to go any faster and he's not making you wait on purpose. But the goods will arrive. He doesn't stiff people out of their money, he doesn't deliver a game that isn't what he described it as. Wait, don't wait, it's up to you, but don't lump him in with the other clowns who take the money and run, deliver nothing.

If he would give more updates I suppose that would appease more people but I don't see how that changes anything, the updates don't make time go faster, you're still going to wait as long as you're going to wait, the game will show up when it shows up. Different industry, but the car mod/restoration world runs this way, pay for the work, car takes 3+ years to be finished. Yelling about it, paying in full in advance, doesn't matter because the car will be done when it's done. Yet those people just accept the way it is. Sure, some want it now but they aren't in the mood to do the work themselves to speed it up. If I could program these games I'd make my own version quicker, sure.

Send me my game and controller....

THEN WHEN A NEW GAME IS MADE - SEND IT TO ME AND THEN I'LL PAY...

Or pay when it's available, like any other vendor.

George used to take pre-orders, and now no longer does, I think what's happened with Warrior and Hellhole are likely reasons. But it wasn't going to be that way, a number of things happened in 2013/14 afaik which completely screwed up getting the products out within the time frame originally planned. This is based on the wait time there used to be prior for other games I ordered from him.

I think George's move to not taking prepayment is the way forward; certainly best until you know you pretty much have the game ready to go in code and physically. For me it would just put too much pressure on me to go faster, I'd hate to be sat on a load of money for years... if you think Warrior was what, $60?? 150 copies, you have $9000 dollars sat there, years later exchange rates have altered, production prices have changed, postage prices have gone up and you've received hundreds of emails you could do without asking where the game is. Everyone handles things differently but that would be a nightmare for me personally.

• Like 2

I think George's move to not taking prepayment is the way forward; certainly best until you know you pretty much have the game ready to go in code and physically. For me it would just put too much pressure on me to go faster, I'd hate to be sat on a load of money for years... if you think Warrior was what, $60?? 150 copies, you have $9000 dollars sat there, years later exchange rates have altered, production prices have changed, postage prices have gone up and you've received hundreds of emails you could do without asking where the game is. Everyone handles things differently but that would be a nightmare for me personally.

$65 originally, even when a few more orders were allowed several months later. Problems were, the box came back wrong, the overlays needed redoing twice, you can't legislate for things going wrong, and they repeatedly did sadly for this game. Then issues with getting the cart shells, so George ended up 3D printing them himself.

• 1 month later...

Anybody get their copy of Hellhole & the Vectrosis controller?

Site still says "OUR GOAL IS TO HAVE ALL 130 ORDERED SETS SHIPPED BY THE END OF APRIL!" and mine has yet to show up.

Just emailed George for a follow up but was just curious who got theirs and what's their impression.

Anybody get their copy of Hellhole & the Vectrosis controller?

Site still says "OUR GOAL IS TO HAVE ALL 130 ORDERED SETS SHIPPED BY THE END OF APRIL!" and mine has yet to show up.

Just emailed George for a follow up but was just curious who got theirs and what's their impression.

A review video was posted on YouTube a couple of days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLy4xD4ZaGY