IGNORED

Hellhole from Fury Unlimited

Darrin9999

that guy is obviously just jealous, I'd like to see him do better? ;)

Hmm, is this supposed to be a joke? "That guy" implemented V-Frogger, Karl Quappe (update of Frogger), Release!, and VIDE (Integrated Development Environment for the Vectrex).

Hellhole is crap both from player's perspective and technical perspective. Fullstop.

• Like 1

Well, that's not good. I've never had an issue with him not responding all these years, and I pre-ordered this back in 2012. Last correspondence was back in February in anticipation of the April release.

Hopefully, everything is good on his end and its just a missed email.

• 3 months later...

Yes, maybe he does. Because he does deliver the goods. Now, maybe the wait is too much for some people and there I can agree but it's unavoidable. By that I mean that it's the same wait for everyone whether they pre-pay or not, Fury isn't going to go any faster and he's not making you wait on purpose. But the goods will arrive. He doesn't stiff people out of their money, he doesn't deliver a game that isn't what he described it as. Wait, don't wait, it's up to you, but don't lump him in with the other clowns who take the money and run, deliver nothing.

If he would give more updates I suppose that would appease more people but I don't see how that changes anything, the updates don't make time go faster, you're still going to wait as long as you're going to wait, the game will show up when it shows up. Different industry, but the car mod/restoration world runs this way, pay for the work, car takes 3+ years to be finished. Yelling about it, paying in full in advance, doesn't matter because the car will be done when it's done. Yet those people just accept the way it is. Sure, some want it now but they aren't in the mood to do the work themselves to speed it up. If I could program these games I'd make my own version quicker, sure.

Or pay when it's available, like any other vendor.

"Because he does deliver the goods." - Well Led - send me 100K because I'll repay you in 75-100 years...

WELL GOSH - 5 Months gone by - (crickets heard in the back ground)

Nothing - NADA

NUF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disappointed in the midwest.

Jeff31

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/25/2018 at 4:11 PM, JEFF31 said:

"Because he does deliver the goods." - Well Led - send me 100K because I'll repay you in 75-100 years...

WELL GOSH - 5 Months gone by - (crickets heard in the back ground)

Nothing - NADA

NUF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disappointed in the midwest.

Jeff31

Well well well.

Something - ALGO -

20240413_141519.thumb.jpg.6a3a0022211a10b2471a335a5b1ec8f1.jpg

20240413_141911.thumb.jpg.358e1e8c8156067dfac604f102e1d8e9.jpg

'Nuf said, indeed.  I was emailed a tracking number and everything.  Well, Jeff31, it still took less time than Tempest for the 5200 did yet I'm glad I got both regardless of the journey.  And what was gained by all your bitching about it?  I'm not sure.  Certainly I think most people would prefer that homebrew games take less time to be conceived of/programmed/produced/shipped but then I'm not the one making them so I don't see the need to complain.  I will complain about artificial limited editions for standard games that could easily be sold through a 3rd party (like Sean Kelly or AtariAge) if the original programmer isn't in the mood to sit in his living room gluing together cart boxes but this was decidedly more involved with the controller and special box.  It will sit nicely next to my Warrior game.

Which reminds me, I need to re-up my subscription to Vectorbolt.

5 hours ago, ledzep said:

Well well well.

Something - ALGO -

20240413_141519.thumb.jpg.6a3a0022211a10b2471a335a5b1ec8f1.jpg

20240413_141911.thumb.jpg.358e1e8c8156067dfac604f102e1d8e9.jpg

'Nuf said, indeed.  I was emailed a tracking number and everything.  Well, Jeff31, it still took less time than Tempest for the 5200 did yet I'm glad I got both regardless of the journey.  And what was gained by all your bitching about it?  I'm not sure.  Certainly I think most people would prefer that homebrew games take less time to be conceived of/programmed/produced/shipped but then I'm not the one making them so I don't see the need to complain.  I will complain about artificial limited editions for standard games that could easily be sold through a 3rd party (like Sean Kelly or AtariAge) if the original programmer isn't in the mood to sit in his living room gluing together cart boxes but this was decidedly more involved with the controller and special box.  It will sit nicely next to my Warrior game.

Which reminds me, I need to re-up my subscription to Vectorbolt.

"Well, Jeff31, it still took less time than Tempest for the 5200 did yet I'm glad I got both regardless of the journey.  And what was gained by all your bitching about it?  I'm not sure.  Certainly I think most people would prefer that homebrew games take less time to be conceived of/programmed/produced/shipped but then I'm not the one making them so I don't see the need to complain."

I'll just say - Glad you got yours.

The rest of us are still waiting.............................................. coming up on 12 fucking years....

15 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

It took so long to get mine, I lost interest in playing it and never opened it. 

That's understandable though, to my mind, if the game had been teased let's say only 3 years before (which has happened with a few homebrews) and showed up now, now is still now so I don't see a difference.  Once a game takes like a year or more after it's announced, I forget about it so in that sense I welcome pre-paying so that I don't lose out on a game because I missed a buy now announcement (happened more than once, very frustrating).  It's very rare that the wait is this long, of course, so can't blame people for losing patience.  So far I haven't been ripped off, meaning my money is gone and I will forever get nothing from that person.

Again, Tempest from what I remember took longer if you count the official Atari tease of the boxed game ('83), less if you count from the dumping of the unfinished ROM ('99?) and the announcement later that work might/would start on finishing it (the game manual says '02 was when initial attempts were started).  Even so, I still had as much interest in it even with that long stretch of time, same as if it had only taken 6 months to be completed (it was released in 2013 but was originally going for a 2010 release?).  I don't remember any bellyaching about that amount of time but then nobody was pre-paying that early for it, either.  Took me a long time to get 5200 Asteroids as well, still interested in playing it.

I'm a sucker for custom/different controllers so most of my interest in Hellhole was for the Vectrex Spinner controller that comes with the game (I also have his Overdrive controller).  Certainly I could cobble together my own versions if I was in the mood but I like collecting official physical games and peripherals for my systems vs. just ROMs.  For example, the Wico Command Control joystick and keypad for the 5200, they're stupid expensive now.  The Vectrex had so much less 3rd party support that anything extra catches my attention.  I just hate those plastic clam shell boxes.

• Like 1