IGNORED

Anschuetz/Weisgerber/Anschuetz New Games / Updated Document

rra

​Last week, Eric dug deep in his attic and found boxes of Atari stuff that has been hidden away for 30 years! Included were hundreds of pages of hand-written A/W/A game notes, more correspondence with Atari 8-bit magazines, and some 5 1/4" floppies that were still usable after all these years. One of the disks was really warped and unreadable, but Eric had to perform disk surgery to extract the media from within the protective disk cover and insert it into another disk that wasn't quite so warped. We had to wait for a serial to USB cable to arrive so we could use our old SIO2PC to dump the games.

I have updated the document covering the Anschuetz/Weisgerber/Anschuetz 1980's game development. I have added a change history so you can see what new sections have been added. There is quite a bit of new stuff, some related to the newly discovered games we uncovered in the attic boxes.

I have also attached a separate game development notes document that has scans of hundreds of pages of game development notes, code, and bit-mapped graphics. These are organized by game so you can compare the development notes to how the games turned out in the other document.

I have also attached a zip file with 3 ATR self-booting BASIC disks with 3 games that were found on Side B of some of the 30 year-old-disks. These games are Phoenix, Piracy, and Ramses' Revenge. Ramses' Revenge is really worth taking a look at. It takes a minute to initialize, and is meant for two players, but it can also be played with one player (you'll just always win!). These three games were some of the very first that we wrote within a couple months after getting our Atari 400 and teaching ourselves BASIC in 1982. Phoenix was literally our first game and was written within a couple weeks of getting our computer while trying to learn to program.

Hopefully you'll enjoy taking a look at this peek back into the history of Atari BASIC game development from the 1980's!

Robert Anschuetz

Eric Anschuetz

John Weisgerber

Anschuetz-Wesigerber-Anschuetz v3.0 - Atari Age.pdf

Anschuetz-Wesigerber-Anschuetz - Development Notes.pdf

AWA Disks.zip

• Like 16

• 1 year later...

​Last week, Eric dug deep in his attic and found boxes of Atari stuff that has been hidden away for 30 years! Included were hundreds of pages of hand-written A/W/A game notes, more correspondence with Atari 8-bit magazines, and some 5 1/4" floppies that were still usable after all these years. One of the disks was really warped and unreadable, but Eric had to perform disk surgery to extract the media from within the protective disk cover and insert it into another disk that wasn't quite so warped. We had to wait for a serial to USB cable to arrive so we could use our old SIO2PC to dump the games.

I have updated the document covering the Anschuetz/Weisgerber/Anschuetz 1980's game development. I have added a change history so you can see what new sections have been added. There is quite a bit of new stuff, some related to the newly discovered games we uncovered in the attic boxes.

I have also attached a separate game development notes document that has scans of hundreds of pages of game development notes, code, and bit-mapped graphics. These are organized by game so you can compare the development notes to how the games turned out in the other document.

I have also attached a zip file with 3 ATR self-booting BASIC disks with 3 games that were found on Side B of some of the 30 year-old-disks. These games are Phoenix, Piracy, and Ramses' Revenge. Ramses' Revenge is really worth taking a look at. It takes a minute to initialize, and is meant for two players, but it can also be played with one player (you'll just always win!). These three games were some of the very first that we wrote within a couple months after getting our Atari 400 and teaching ourselves BASIC in 1982. Phoenix was literally our first game and was written within a couple weeks of getting our computer while trying to learn to program.

Hopefully you'll enjoy taking a look at this peek back into the history of Atari BASIC game development from the 1980's!

Robert Anschuetz

Eric Anschuetz

John Weisgerber

how did I miss this one? Nice! Thank you for showing a bit more of your history with us.