IGNORED

Ken Siders has passed away

bikeguychicago

I bought Beef Drop from him at a game show in Columbus a few years ago. I was surprised when he asked me where I wanted him to sign it. I didn't really consider him a celebrity at the time, just kind of a nerdy romantic for writing a program for a long-dead architecture, and then foolishly trying to sell copies. I asked him a few questions about it and we talked for a few minutes. He seemed quiet and reserved and a really nice guy.

Later, I learned he was well-known and respected in the home brew community, and more specifically, on Atari Age. Beef Drop is an excellent game; it's probably my favorite 7800 game, and I think it's the only home brew I own.

Ken Siders will be remembered.

• Like 1

Oh man. I wasn't familiar with who this was until I saw it was Kenfused. I've been around about 9 years new and I've seen him jump in and help folks repeatedly. I've long held him in great respect from reading his many posts over the years.He really was an asset to the community and a nice guy to boot. His presence here will surely be missed. I'll be praying for his family. At 49, he truly was still young. I can't imagine what they must be going through. :(

• Like 1

This really saddens me. I have only been in the 7800 scene for a year but when I jumped in and saw and read about B*nq! and BT I was impressed. These 2 are on my list to get. But I want a BT with a POKEY (Which I have one to donate) I am just waiting for Al to tell me to send it so he can make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1