IGNORED

ColecoVision/ADAM Ultimate SD Wafer Drive (Up to 32GB of storage space)

HDTV1080P

Stop blaming pirates for your losses.

I spent a ton of money on software for my ADAM and my Amiga just to be duped by crappy titles.

if you have not noticed, this "wafer crap" is someone elses work with a relabel

kind of funny

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of.

What is on the market now that I can use to replace my DD and/or Disk Drives so I can easily transfer my work to a real machine for testing.

All the usual outlets seem to be shut down and EBAY is the last resort which gouges the crap out of everything nostalgia.

Until I pick something up I am stuck troubleshooting on an emulator.

I mean seriously, they are making new stuff for the C64 and MSX that would blow your mind 30 years ago.

I often wondered why there was never an ADAMNET hard drive/IDE interface designed by some 13 year old Chinese kid.

Edited by Mike Harris

Speaking of.

What is on the market now that I can use to replace my DD and/or Disk Drives so I can easily transfer my work to a real machine for testing.

I often wondered why there was never an ADAMNET hard drive/IDE interface designed by some 13 year old Chinese kid.

Since 2016 people have been purchasing the MicroFox Coleco ADAM microSD floppy emulator that emulates ADAMNET disk drives up to 1.44MB. This is better then any Disk Drive every made for the ADAM computer and since there is no moveable parts on SD it has the potential to last a decade or more.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/276315-coleco-adam-microsd-floppy-emulator-user-review/

Edited by HDTV1080P

since there is no moveable parts on SD it has the potential to last a decade or more.

Ten years? I gather you are right, ironically, because you are wrong. There are moving parts on an SD card, so it may indeed have this short stated lifespan. Incidentally I swapped my Adam keyboard with one of the NOS Archer replacements that show up on eBay from time-to-time, the keyboard looks and functions much better than it had when I used the yellowed original.

Ten years? I gather you are right, ironically, because you are wrong. There are moving parts on an SD card, so it may indeed have this short stated lifespan. Incidentally I swapped my Adam keyboard with one of the NOS Archer replacements that show up on eBay from time-to-time, the keyboard looks and functions much better than it had when I used the yellowed original.

A microSD card has no moving parts, the SD card has a lock switch to write protect data and yes sometimes that lock switch can wear out or go bad. However both microSD and SD cards are solid state devices and they have no moving parts to read and write data. So under ideal conditions they can last longer then 10 years.

"An SD card is a solid-state device. This means it has no moving parts in order to function. This is a big improvement over older portable storage devices."

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/secure-digital-memory-cards4.htm

"Data in an SD card is stored on a series of electronic components called NAND chips. These chips allow data to be written and stored on the SD card. As the chips have no moving parts, data can be transferred from the cards quickly, far exceeding the speeds available to CD or hard-drive media."

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/sd-card-work

Edited by HDTV1080P