IGNORED

Found an Imagic Kiosk!

Andred

Thanks for that link. I've been trying to find a realistic price for it but 2500 Euro seems... too much.

The one in that auction has wood paneling (vinyl? laminate?) on the front instead of chrome. Any idea why? It looks to be in similar condition to mine, minus the broken shield.

Hmmm. This lot also came with 2 of these which, through a bit of digging, I've discovered to be a Newport Prostick.

attachicon.gifIMG_2660.JPG

I guess these were mail order items only. Most of the pictures I've seen have black bottoms. Mine have red bottoms. Anyone know the difference?

I actually have 2 of these joysticks. Only mine came with an 8-bit Atari lot I picked up at an estate sale about 12 years ago. Mine have grey bottoms on them instead of black or red. I will try and dig one of them out. They are quality controllers in their construction, but aren't that comfortable for long sessions.

I actually have 2 of these joysticks. Only mine came with an 8-bit Atari lot I picked up at an estate sale about 12 years ago. Mine have grey bottoms on them instead of black or red. I will try and dig one of them out. They are quality controllers in their construction, but aren't that comfortable for long sessions.

Cool. I'd love to see some pics of yours. The review of them that I saw said the same thing. I guess the ball on top is too small to be comfortable and the button has so much resistance that it wears out your thumb. They are certainly sturdy though.

Congratulations on your find! Glad to see that it works! They are very cool indeed..

Here are two that I've used at shows in the past:

kiosk_pair.jpg

..Al

Thanks for posting those pictures online. They're part of what helped me figure out what I had found!

• 3 weeks later...