IGNORED

Sim City for NES

Tanooki

6 hours ago, Atariboy said:

This thread started two years ago? Feels more like last winter to me. 

Glad to see my Everdrive N8 can play this now. Has there been any work on the SimCity prototype? Was said back two years ago that someone was working on fixing it up to, such as utilizing some features in the code that weren't activated and addressing some issues.

Time flies huh? It felt like less than a year for me.

I tried a bunch of different options in the game and everything worked. Even the save function thankfully.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Atariboy said:

This thread started two years ago? Feels more like last winter to me. 

Glad to see my Everdrive N8 can play this now. Has there been any work on the SimCity prototype? Was said back two years ago that someone was working on fixing it up to, such as utilizing some features in the code that weren't activated and addressing some issues.

I wish.  I've not seen anything despite the fact given the level of competence out there in the NES development community would allow for such repairs and perhaps even enabled things partly done hidden within the code.  The land value problem, the one where people just randomly will move out and break your bank (I had this happen yesterday to me), the ship not showing up for the seaport, and a few other odd but not game breaking quirks should be fixable.  The game is fun either way, but it's kind of a different beast given the 2x2 vs 3x3 space of the zones.