IGNORED

Best Electronics - Awesome Service!

Firedawg

I just want to give a shout out to Best Electronics for awesome service on ordering, packaging, and delivery. I order some items late Monday with Bradley which he responded within the hour confirming availability, pricing, and final out the door cost. I made the payment and early next day Bradley sends confirmation that the packaged has shipped. Today (Friday) the package is delivered by the trusty USPS in great shape and packed perfect as it should be for the type of items I ordered. I know Best Electronics has been kicked around a bit from time to time, but we should always take the time to share great experiences as well when these folks like Bradley Koda are still serving a niche market and hobbyist like ourselves.

If you ever sent Bradley an email you know how he Q & A's the response. Here is a response from one of our exchanges.

"Q. Thanks for your continued support for us old Atari folks.

A. It is our 33+ year Atari mission in life Mike.

Regards
Bradley Koda"

• Like 13

I just want to give a shout out to Best Electronics for awesome service on ordering, packaging, and delivery. I order some items late Monday with Bradley which he responded within the hour confirming availability, pricing, and final out the door cost. I made the payment and early next day Bradley sends confirmation that the packaged has shipped. Today (Friday) the package is delivered by the trusty USPS in great shape and packed perfect as it should be for the type of items I ordered. I know Best Electronics has been kicked around a bit from time to time, but we should always take the time to share great experiences as well when these folks like Bradley Koda are still serving a niche market and hobbyist like ourselves.

I have had similar, consistantly great service from Brad.

• Like 3

All three of my interactions with him were pleasant and efficient. I think it was almost 20 years between ordering the catalog and placing an order, and boy do I regret not buying some stuff from the catalog right when I first received it.....

• Like 2

Same here. Brad's always been prompt with email responses and shipments, and always a pleasure to deal with. I just wish his website was easier to navigate and find things, but after a while even that isn't an obstacle to getting what you need (I now have a site map in my head).

- Michael

• Like 3

Same here. Brad's always been prompt with email responses and shipments, and always a pleasure to deal with. I just wish his website was easier to navigate and find things, but after a while even that isn't an obstacle to getting what you need (I now have a site map in my head).

- Michael

I use "site:www.best-electronics-ca.com what I want" in google - usually works pretty well. Plus I have a hardcopy of the catalog -well worth the price.

• Like 5

The Q&As are actually a lot of fun - I'd just like to echo I also have enjoyed ordering from Brad and Best!

and ditto on Google search. Also, he has pretty much any Atari part you can ever think of - so if you don't see it on the website, email him and he probably has it.. I wish he had a PDF of his physical catalog..

• Like 2

I use "site:www.best-electronics-ca.com what I want" in google - usually works pretty well. Plus I have a hardcopy of the catalog -well worth the price.

The catalog is fun to read through. In case people don't know, it contains a lot of information and tech tips, info on rare items from his collection and Atari branded merchandise.

• Like 3

I've been ordering from Brad since 1990. I still have a copy of his big catalog with the addenda. He's always been friendly, he packs stuff for shipment like everyone should but no one else does, and he's always been there for the community.

• Like 2

i also like to share my good experience with best.. last Friday i ordered from Best Electronics different parts, (which ended up at about 200$ value of goods) i sent him an email with the list of items, he replayed the same day confirming that he has them in stock and with payment instructions.. i PayPal him on Saturday and on Sunday i got confirmation that the package is been shipped!!!

Great Fast responsive service!!!.

Nir

• Like 4

Pro tip. Brad does have parts that are not listed on the website. It doesn't hurt to ask if he has something even when you can't find it on his site. I asked a few days ago if he had any 810 Tandon drive mechanisms, which aren't on his site, and he had one left.

• Like 3

I can agree with this. I think when I first looked at his page he didn't have paypal and you had to pay via check, so I wouldn't order anything. Mainly because of back in the day issues with mail order for Atari things in the same way. But now that it's a case of him being paid instantly so it can be shipped off quickly, I've ordered multiple things from him and have never had a complaint!

I even got a new clip for my JagCD from him so that now the lid will stay closed! Debating if I should order another TT Touch for my semi-broken ST that I was going to steal the keyboard to replace my Falcon's UK keyboard, or if I'll just take the TT Touch back out of that keyboard... guess it depends if I find some other stuff I need to order from him.

I probably should get the upgraded keyboard / mylar for my newer 130XE....

• Like 2

I think the most important location on the Best Electronics website is the catalog addendum which he *does* keep reasonably up-to-date:

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/addendum.htm

I usually take a quick look at this page before I email him. It does help to have a copy of his Rev.10 catalog so you can reference the page numbers, items etc..

Then just email him and ask your question, making sure to put Atari in the subject line to avoid the spam filters. He does an extremely good job replying to emails.

• Like 4

I bought from Best back when I had my original Atari. I think I still hava a catalog around here from back then somewhere. I ordered a 1200xl mylar from him a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect. Great response, quick shipping and a quality product. The story on what he went through to get the Mylars to work is worth the read, and I'm thankful he did it!

• Like 1

Pro tip. Brad does have parts that are not listed on the website. It doesn't hurt to ask if he has something even when you can't find it on his site. I asked a few days ago if he had any 810 Tandon drive mechanisms, which aren't on his site, and he had one left.

Yes, I've tried this with success. I asked him if he had the three LED light panel for the 1200XL and he did!

• Like 2

I have nothing but good things to say about Brad. He has always been helpful with everything!

I have the added pleasure of working about 1 mile from his office. So I go pick up my parts in person, and can talk with him for a few minutes each time. He is full of advice about whatever project I'm working on.

Having a copy of his catalog, and cross referencing with updated online Addendum, IOP, is a must before ordering. That way I know what is out of stock, and what part numbers to use in my emails for him . He is always busy, so if I can give him just what he needs in my orders, so not to take up too much of his time.

• Like 2

I bought a new MPI drive mech, power supply, and composite video cable on Friday and the box arrived today! Perfectly packed and wrapped in many feet of Atari tape. :)

Opening a still shrink wrapped MPI drive mech was pretty cool. It even had a printout of the Burn-in test results on 40 column printer paper. :)

• Like 4

Yup, I'm one of the many who have enjoyed great service from Best Electronics, too. I'm just amazed and gratified that we can still buy new Atari stuff this far into the 21st century. I've been pleased with every transaction. I think it's great, but I'll agree the website could use a freshen-up. But I really don't care about that stuff, too much. I just want my Atari stuff, and I get it. Shout out to B&C, as well. I feel like it's my 15th birthday when a package arrives. (It certainly is not!) There are few vendors that give that feeling.

• Like 1

I've had good experiences as well. Best Electronics always kinda reminds me of the soup nazi episode of Seinfeld. Amazing soup, but the owner plays by his own specific set of rules. If you respect them, don't be a douche, and are willing to navigate the site, you get some great soup. Be a jerk... no soup for you. Honestly though, having run conventions for 15 years, dealing with the public, nerd rage, fifty million emails because some dudes order didn't show up in the mail three hours after placing it... I can't say as I blame him for having strict rules. It's how you stay in business.

I mean, it's freakin' 2017. You can buy Atari 8 bit stuff in 2017 on an actual site that still specializes in it, which is awesome. About the only other site I can think of that is similar is Club 100 for the Tandy Model 100 line, before the equally loyal-to-his-fanbase Rick Hanson (RIP my man) passed. You don't get real dedication like that anymore.

Value it, while it lasts.

• Like 3