IGNORED

New Commodore 64C cases ... soon

sm3

A small update, they have the VAT issue resolved now, so people outside the EU will no longer have to pay VAT on their order. I'll be getting a refund on that.

Also, due to overwhelming demand, shipping was behind. This will be resolved on Tuesday.

I'm just curious why they chose the 64C case, rather than the original. Since we're retro-folks, the original has more appeal to me.

Although I thought that the Amiga 500 was the "blockbuster" edition of the Amiga, I thought it was the ugliest. Of course, the C128 and the C64C had similar styling. I'm primarily an Atari user, but I have (finally) come to like the C64. Is it common amongst "traditional" Commodore users to embrace the styling of the 64C, rather than the original? Just curious.

I also wouldn't mind a 64C "just for the collection" and it looks like one can build a new one, with all the cool stuff (motherboards coming, cases on the market). I think that's cool, but I still prefer the original. I just thought more C= users would, too.

It started out with a guy bought/came across a set of original molds for the C64C case. He produced a batch of shells in different colours.

Jens then bought the molds, repaired/improved them for better results and is now producing a new batch.

It is said that making brand new molds is VERY expensive, but as have been proven by another project to produce new Amiga shells, it seems to be possible to do without putting your economy in jeopardy. That means perhaps it would be possible to make new molds for breadbin style shells too, just that up to now it has been considered not financially beneficial.

I'm just curious why they chose the 64C case, rather than the original. Since we're retro-folks, the original has more appeal to me.

Although I thought that the Amiga 500 was the "blockbuster" edition of the Amiga, I thought it was the ugliest. Of course, the C128 and the C64C had similar styling. I'm primarily an Atari user, but I have (finally) come to like the C64. Is it common amongst "traditional" Commodore users to embrace the styling of the 64C, rather than the original? Just curious.

I also wouldn't mind a 64C "just for the collection" and it looks like one can build a new one, with all the cool stuff (motherboards coming, cases on the market). I think that's cool, but I still prefer the original. I just thought more C= users would, too.

My first Commodore 64 was the brown one, but since there are no new cases for that one, I've had to settle for a 64C case that is a similar color to the original ;)

The 64 and 64C work the same way, so it's not like it's really a different model or something for the most part.

Hi, just wanted to write something here when I saw this, esp. since I am not only located in Germany but also in the

area where the people involved in the project are based. So I was lucky enough to speak frequently beforehand with

several people involved in this project. Plus I saw the finished cases on the 'DoReCo' party.

Just to be clear: I have no involvement myself and didn't get one for myself yet since I prefer the older, breadbox

cases simply since that's what I had as a kid.

I myself think the cases are quite nice, very nice in the original beige color case. Depending on the color choice

there are slight annealing marks a bit more visible in the plastic - which some people commented upon on local forums.

The ones I saw were at the expected places - mostly at the back of the case - and more noticeable with darker colors.

The SX color scheme showed this a bit less, the black one the most.

None of this is a deal-breaker for me and I keep thinking I should drive those 4 km to pick up a black one or maybe the

SX-colored one for myself.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...