IGNORED

Jaguar HSC, SEASON 10, ROUND 6

twoquickcapri

post-19213-0-96465200-1504514660_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 10, ROUND 6

(Round Over)

post-19213-0-20210500-1504514735.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Start from the very first level in 2000 mode (not Classic). Play until you Game Over.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-5-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Breakout 2000 SCORES:
  • masematte - 33,243 ( + 10 )
  • mckafka99 - 21,626 ( + 8 )
  • Spacey Invader - 16,138 ( + 6 )
  • jblenkle - 4,349 ( + 4 )

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:
  • masematte ( 44 )
  • mckafka99 ( 36 )
  • Spacey Invader ( 28 )
  • Isgoed ( 21 )
  • twoquickcapri ( 16 )
  • jblenkle ( 16 )
  • travistouchdown ( 10 )
  • Darrin9999 ( 2 )
  • roadrunner ( 2 )

• 2 weeks later...

post-40055-0-12498200-1505683280_thumb.jpg

After reviewing past seasons, realized this is nothing like a personal best. Sure feels like one after all I've been through. Anyone find any use for the magnet? One time I had two purple balls and it seemed to keep them both in motion for a while longer, it mostly it seems to just mess up the physics.

Is the magnet the 'catch' power up or the one where the ball does that little 'fake out' as it is coming towards the paddle? One time in this round I really thought I was going to get really far as I ended up with 'catch' and 'laser/blast' which is a really great combination as one doesnt have to let the ball go at all, the 'laser/blast' can be used while holding the ball. Needless to say that didn't pan out as all the powers go away after the bonus round and I always struggle with that first board afterwards; I think my score above may be the only time I've made it to 1-1 and it wasnt during my 'multi power up' game. I also thought I noticed that the number of remaining paddles automatically resets to '5' after the bonus round regardless of how many one has before it; I believe I once had '8' remaining but after the bonus round (during which I only lost one of the balls) I was back to '5'.

I like this game, but it certainly is a game of patience and sometimes frustration.

Oh I mean the weird force that makes the ball fake out as it approaches. The grab is wonderpus and the laser too, but I'm never as happy as when that purple ball shows up. Perhaps the magnetic fame out ball is a punishment not a power up? Odd fact, my gf got addicted to this when she came over. That is a first.

Is the magnet the 'catch' power up or the one where the ball does that little 'fake out' as it is coming towards the paddle? One time in this round I really thought I was going to get really far as I ended up with 'catch' and 'laser/blast' which is a really great combination as one doesnt have to let the ball go at all, the 'laser/blast' can be used while holding the ball. Needless to say that didn't pan out as all the powers go away after the bonus round and I always struggle with that first board afterwards; I think my score above may be the only time I've made it to 1-1 and it wasnt during my 'multi power up' game. I also thought I noticed that the number of remaining paddles automatically resets to '5' after the bonus round regardless of how many one has before it; I believe I once had '8' remaining but after the bonus round (during which I only lost one of the balls) I was back to '5'.

I like this game, but it certainly is a game of patience and sometimes frustration.

Oh I mean the weird force that makes the ball fake out as it approaches. The grab is wonderpus and the laser too, but I'm never as happy as when that purple ball shows up. Perhaps the magnetic fame out ball is a punishment not a power up? Odd fact, my gf got addicted to this when she came over. That is a first.

I haven't found any real use for that 'fake-out' power up. All I did observe and tried (with some success) to train myself to do is, when it is active, is to 'not follow the fake out' but rather watch for the moment as it starts the 'fake' as it approaches and ever so briefly stop moving the paddle and watch it 'come to the paddle' which I think may be what is intended for the power up. As I said, I don't find it very helpful and it is mostly an annoyance.