IGNORED

Atari Lynx game: unnamed

hikachi

:D Very cool and can't wait to hear more feedback! This game is a real treat for Lynx fans.

Also don't give away spoilers! Not only do we want people to enjoy the game for themselves in these first couple months, but we plan on having a contest later in the year based on certain "achievements" in the game. So keep it secret; keep it safe! ;) 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

...Now if only I could figure out what to do with this jar…

A jar can be useful on a long road trip.  But if you use it, be sure to put the lid on tight in case it tips over in the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just sat down with Unnamed for about an hour. I really like it so far. I think it's an excellent addition to the Lynx's library.  It's always great to see stuff on the Lynx that isn't so "arcadey."  (Not to slight arcade titles in the least, as they're the Lynx's bread and butter.)

The save feature is really helpful here.  I have no idea at this point how long Unnamed is, but already I wouldn't want to repeat all the progress I've made the next time I fire it up.

If item acquisition is any indication, I might be about halfway through...?  I have 8 items in my inventory, plus a 9th that I lost upon using it.  But I'm stumped at the moment.  Pleasantly stumped.

Nice work on this one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for warm words! :) Hope you will enjoy unnamed to the end!

Item acquisition is not mark how far you are in the game :)

Finally copy of my game arrived. I must admit that release quality is amazing! Thanks Carl for making this release possible!

001.JPG

002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

And together with unseen!

005.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@hikachi did a great job on this game! He probably got tired of all the playtest feedback from me, but it was worth it in the end. ;) As @KevinMos3 can attest, the control scheme was significantly overhauled during development and it's a lot more intuitive now. Plus there are some surprises that I'm pretty sure no one has found yet!

Looking back on my first playtesting experience, there are a couple puzzles which are tricky. The clues are there, but also easy to miss. However, that's part of the fun: some puzzles are rather straightforward "open a door" or "search your environment" ones, while others require moving to different rooms or using an item in an unexpected way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unnamed arrived this week from Carl along with Quadromania and A Bug's Trip. As always, super nice production values on the games. I'm playing another RPG currently, but I'm really looking forward to checking out Unnamed. We're very fortunate to have such a great homebrew scene on the Lynx and people like Carl and Al around publishing high quality releases for our long dead Atari systems. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I have had an order paid for with Sascha (including Unseen) for about seven months now and haven’t received it, and I can’t seem to get in touch. I hope he is doing okay.

I will try contact with him and ask about unseen and your order

• Thanks 1

It was actually a little over five months - September 29. If I have any virtue, it’s patience, but it would be good to know that he’s doing okay. My order # is 673.

It might be that the other game in my order is a preorder of a Vectrex game he’s still working on. It was a little unclear. I’m not in any hurry!

Ok, plucky enough I got my Unnamed on Saturday, but haven't opened it yet because I'm a bit confused.  Is Unseen supposed to play into this as a prequel story or something?  Seems like this was released only overseas.  Do I need to play that first to enjoy this one more?  Any chance Songbird can release Unseen for U.S. customers?

Just concerned because 5 months out and someone else's order still isn't fulfilled but others have bought, played and solved it but now it's not available for order on that website. 

I definately missed out on that one... Just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun playing this as I would prefer to wait if the other title will be available sometime soon if it's relevant. 

PS, I think we all see the pattern here... is this going to be an Untrilogy?

• Like 1

Those games are not connected in this way, unnamed is not a sequel to the unseen. Stories are different, and those games can be played separately. Also unnamed is more action based game and unseen is mostly about the story (and some choices like in all Visual Novels).

Unseen and unnamed are connected only in a few loosely references. And maybe general story idea (message).

About that unseen order e-mail Der Luchs (Sascha) and ask when when he will receive next part of the Cards for the remaining unseen releases. More questions he will get on e-mail the faster he might do it.  

Ok I will spoil it, since you guessed it correctly :)If people will like unnamed, and when I will be fresh for new work... the third one called unknown will be created. I have it in mind already :)

gambler172 >> unseen is not an easy game, but it is not harder than ordinary Visual Novel. In the manual you have info what endings you can expect, and some small hints :)

Edited by hikachi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4ever2600 said:

Just concerned because 5 months out and someone else's order still isn't fulfilled but others have bought, played and solved it but now it's not available for order on that website.

My order is being held up by a Vectrex game I preordered at the same time. I wasn’t sure whether that was done yet. No worries on my part anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hikachi said:

Those games are not connected in this way, unnamed is not a sequel to the unseen. Stories are different, and those games can be played separately. Also unnamed is more action based game and unseen is mostly about the story (and some choices like in all Visual Novels).

Roger that.   Good to know.  At least I can get started in Unnamed and not wonder if I am missing story, context etc.

Unseen and unnamed are connected only in a few loosely references. And maybe general story idea (message).

Ok, still need to find a copy of this somewhere.  God help if it's epay...

About that unseen order e-mail Der Luchs (Sascha) and ask when when he will receive next part of the Cards for the remaining unseen releases. More questions he will get on e-mail the faster he might do it.  

Will do... didn't realize Der Luchs was Sascha. Knowing it's Der Luchs gives me a little more hope of continuing orders even if it takes a while. 

Ok I will spoil it, since you guessed it correctly :)If people will like unnamed, and when I will be fresh for new work... the third one called unknown will be created. I have it in mind already :)

Mmmmm hmmmmm, nailed it. Lol. Can't wait to hear a little more about what type of game considering you already did a Visual Novel, RPG... what could it be??

gambler172 >> unseen is not an easy game, but it is not harder than ordinary Visual Novel. In the manual you have info what endings you can expect, and some small hints :)

• Like 1