IGNORED

Atari Lynx game: unnamed

hikachi

Lol, I haven't made progress on it since my second play session.  I've put in an hour or two after that, also starting the game over from scratch, but I haven't been able to progress.  I think I've only made it like three "screens" into the game.  Must be something obvious that I'm not catching.  :)

• Like 2

On 3/20/2021 at 9:26 PM, thefred said:

I'm still stuck, I cant figure this out. I have tried everything I can think of. Tried everything on everything. Let me know to get past the ivy. What am I missing? I can't figure out how to open crates, only barrels.

Yes....what can i do with crates?

Nice game,but very hard....what to 

Do at the monument?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Show of hands: who's beaten unnamed so far? And what did you think of the surprise that you unlocked? :D

I'm still stuck in the same place I've been for quite some time so I put it away for the time being and have been testing and playing other stuff lately.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Unnamed last night.  I had been stuck at a point early in the game since my first playthrough, but I sent Carl a message and he gave me a slight hint, and that was all I needed to get past that part and finish the game. I really enjoyed it, and now I'm working on New Game +.  There are several doors I wasn't able to open in the regular game, plus at least one item I couldn't get to and one puzzle I couldn't figure out.  So I'm hoping to totally complete New Game +!  But first I have to figure out how to get away from a ghost...

Really cool game!  It's not like anything else on the Lynx, so it fills a good niche.  Most of the puzzles were just right - easy enough to figure out with just a little thinking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PFG 9000 said:

Really cool game!  It's not like anything else on the Lynx, so it fills a good niche.  Most of the puzzles were just right - easy enough to figure out with just a little thinking.

I disagree...

I've found many items and have unlocked quite a few areas, but have not found a way to access most of those areas. I've been given the hint that there is a room I should have unlocked that I have access too, but I've yet to figure out where the door for it is. I'm told that once I'm in this room, that a lot of other stuff will likely then fall into place so that tells me I might actually be close to the end of the game?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I disagree...

I've found many items and have unlocked quite a few areas, but have not found a way to access most of those areas. I've been given the hint that there is a room I should have unlocked that I have access too, but I've yet to figure out where the door for it is. I'm told that once I'm in this room, that a lot of other stuff will likely then fall into place so that tells me I might actually be close to the end of the game?

From what you told me you are, like, one item use away from a breakthrough. I think you’re only about halfway through.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I disagree...

There is one door that opens remotely, that is on the "bottom" or south wall of a room, so you're not able to see that it's open.  Could that be where you're stuck?

Just now, PFG 9000 said:

There is one door that opens remotely, that is on the "bottom" or south wall of a room, so you're not able to see that it's open.  Could that be where you're stuck?

Yes I'm sure that is the case here after having gotten hints about this a month ago. I just haven't picked it back up to try and find it. But I do have to say that I'm not a fan of games that have stuff like that, where you can't really see it either. Heck, I missed one object that was laying on the ground because I mistook it for the ground terrain. Only saw it stick out more when I played the game through VGA output. Even on the McWill the item blended into the ground and didn't stick out to me.

In this case, there is a visual clue from an area you’ve been before that the door had opened. I really appreciated that there was logic and consistency to the layout of the screens.

I played it on an original, unmodded Lynx II and I didn’t think any of the hidden things were too hard to see once I was looking for them. It was the first couple that I wasn’t expecting that were difficult for me.

There were one switch, one item, and one door (all in different places) I could never get to. I don’t know if I missed something or if those were purely decorative.

• Like 2

Yep beat the game 2 nights ago, in the process of writing a game review for AtariGamer.com now. Looking forward to the Game+ mode but will give it a little rest before I get into that. Some of the parts were not very straight forward I thought, but overall it was excellent.

IMG_2581.thumb.jpeg.0eb35bc6b9bce0c48c6afd7c5ca1fbff.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...