IGNORED

Poll - Interest Check 5200 Pac-man Arcade Box

tep392

5200 Pac-man Arcade Box Interest Check  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a box for your copy of 5200 Pac-man Arcade?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Grazigamer is thinking of making boxes for the 5200 version of Pac-man Arcade available for purchase. She is Edwardo's wife/partner in Opcode games and has done the graphic art work for their game releases. I never offered a box, so there might be some interest. She will be creating the artwork for the boxes and they would be the same type of plastic box that are used with Opcode games releases.

She is trying to gauge how much interest there is and determine a cost for the boxes. Please respond to the poll if you are interested. I have attached some photo's of her work. Please post any questions.

post-24519-0-79220200-1504638607_thumb.png

post-24519-0-18845100-1504638612_thumb.png

post-24519-0-44619300-1504638616_thumb.png

• Like 1

Is this similar to one of those universal cases that one sees on eBay?

Also, can the one-sheet instructions you include with the game be included on the inside of the case?

It looks exactly like some of the universal cases I've purchased. The instructions I sent with the carts were letter size paper. They would only fit if you folded them up. I'm thinking the instructions can be duplicated on the inside of the front cover like the text seen the in the sample.

• Like 1

It looks exactly like some of the universal cases I've purchased. The instructions I sent with the carts were letter size paper. They would only fit if you folded them up. I'm thinking the instructions can be duplicated on the inside of the front cover like the text seen the in the sample.

That's what I was asking: if the content of the one page could be printed on the reverse of the cover (inside of the case)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, discotronic said:

Was anything ever decided on this? I would purchase a box if available. 

I would be more interested if it was a cardboard box like the official Atari releases and homebrews like Tempest.  This clamshell style is ok, better than no box, but I think the homebrew community has more or less nailed down the production of original-style 5200 cart boxes, yes?  Maybe we could buy them through the AtariAge store?  I'd buy a box and instruction booklet and I don't even like Pac-Man that much (though I bought the Arcade version because it's "right" and I supported the effort).