IGNORED

2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo, October 20-22, 2017

Albert

This was my first visit to the PGRE and it was so huge, I didn't get to see everything.

I did get Space Cactus Canyon, draconian, and LEN at the AtariAge booth and some homebrew from the competition. I did find some decent Atari deals to add to my collection, of course no extremely rare games but I did get some good uncommon games for my collection, as well as some games for other systems, including my vita (Limited Run Games had some leftovers on a game I missed out on. Nice.)

I personally felt like I died and went to video game heaven. My only regret is I only had 8 hours to stay. There was just so much to see and so many game enthusiasts to speak to, I missed out on lots of stuff.

I went in with a $300 budget. Well, I ended up spending twice that. But it was worth it. I regret I didn't get to meet SHE but the line was too long and I had to get back to the bus station.

• Like 4

This was also my first PRGE, and it was great! I was able to catch up with some familiar faces and met several new ones. I purchased Draconian and Super Cobra Arcade for the Atari 2600, Blaster for the Atari 5200 and Jr. Pac-Man and Oregon Bound for the Intellivision.

I was also able to get the following items autographed. Thank you all for not only signing my items, but spending some time just shooting the breeze. :)

post-21941-0-05313800-1508642361.jpg post-21941-0-09807400-1508642379.jpg post-21941-0-41922500-1508642404.jpg

post-21941-0-83512100-1508642424.jpg post-21941-0-41045800-1508642440.jpg post-21941-0-74838400-1508642459.jpg

• Like 5

This was also my first PRGE, and it was great! I was able to catch up with some familiar faces and met several new ones. I purchased Draconian and Super Cobra Arcade for the Atari 2600, Blaster for the Atari 5200 and Jr. Pac-Man and Oregon Bound for the Intellivision.

I was also able to get the following items autographed. Thank you all for not only signing my items, but spending some time just shooting the breeze. :)

attachicon.gifLadybug Collectors.JPG

I was about to say, "I thought Lady Bug LE was only 100 copies", then I realized you brought it with you to Portland. Sweet collection you have there!

• Like 1

I had a blast. Albert had the best booth there, and I'm not saying that because I'm on AtariAge. There were plenty of new games to play at the AtariAge booth. Lots of banners/posters, etc representing.

The weather was terrible. This prevented me from doing any outside-of-convention exploring(Like QuarterWorld or the former Women & Women First bookstore on Portlandia).

I finally got to attend that expo, and I must say that it was a surreal experience to finally meet some of the people behind those games that I played so many hours upon. All were great people in person and as a software engineer, it was really cool to nerd out with David Crane, if only for a couple of minutes. I ended up finding a Defender 2 cart in the wild, so I snapped it up.

Yeah, the rain was a bit much, *especially* Saturday night as Portland was getting hit by a pretty good rain storm.

Still all the same, I was glad I was finally able to make it out. Will be back out for 2018 to be sure!

Edited by ForceInfinity

I had a great time at the show. Saw old friends, had breakfast with Ron Milner, got some nice items.,.it was totally awesome. The auction was the best one I have ever been to. I applaud the PRGE team for putting together a top notch show. This is definitely one of my highlights of the year. Already looking forward to the next show.