IGNORED

ATARI 7800 Ms Pac Man Graphics Hack 20150220 - ROM wanted

Tidus79001

Does anyone know where I can download this ROM (ATARI 7800 Ms Pac Man Graphics MS PACMAN Hack 20150220). I have tried searching it but no luck on finding it. One thing about the Atari 7800 release of MS. Pac-Man that annoyed me was that the pellets were dashes like the 2600 instead of dots. While that is OK for a 2600 I think it was a bit lazy for a 7800 game.

http://7800.8bitdev.org/index.php/Trebors_7800_ROM_PROPack

it includes the rom you are looking for

yes, perfect. Thank you. This revision is SO MUCH BETTER that the one that was released on the 7800 by Atari. What was Atari things using dashes instead of dot for the pellets. Not to mention that there is something slight off by the way the ghosts are drawn and the mazes as well.

Edited by Tidus79001

yes, perfect. Thank you. This revision is SO MUCH BETTER that the one that was released on the 7800 by Atari. What was Atari things using dashes instead of dot for the pellets. Not to mention that there is something slight off by the way the ghosts are drawn and the mazes as well.

Short answer....they did not have the technology that we have today...there is a thing called "burn in" that Atari wanted to avoid because TV sets were expensive in those days..unlike today where we have flat screens that use a different method of display and burn in is unlikely.

Short answer....they did not have the technology that we have today...there is a thing called "burn in" that Atari wanted to avoid because TV sets were expensive in those days..unlike today where we have flat screens that use a different method of display and burn in is unlikely.

The 5200 version had dots which is why the 7800 version was even more irritating as it felt like a step backward. As for burn in there should be much concern about that unless you are going to leave the screen on a static non changing image for extended periods. Anyhow thanks again for point me to the ROM.

:)