IGNORED

FS: Atari Vader 2600, AV modded, with games and accessories.

RamrodHare

OK, Here's how I'm going to do this. I need to sell my Vader 2600. I don't want to, but I'm not using it and I need the money for more important things. I'm going to list it without pictures, until I see that someone is actually interested, at which point I'll add photos of everything, along with a better description of all the included accessories. I just figure, if there's no interest right off the bat, I don't feel like getting everything unpacked and taking photos while I'm dealing with these kidney stones. I'll only be able to ship to the continental US, due to shipping costs and and all the other problems that happen when shipping to another country. Now, on to the description of what I'm selling and the prices.

I have a Vader that's been fully refurbished, new caps, power regulator, etc. The shell is in really nice shape, It's AV modded and has a RGB color changing power LED installed. It will come with an original power supply, AV cable, 2 refurbished Flashback joysticks, and 20 random 2600 games (no duplicates). $100 with free shipping.

I also have a Wico Bat joystick, in nice condition in the original box.

A set of Epyx 500xj joysticks, nice condition

A rebuilt set of Paddles that work flawlessly

A recently cleaned and refurbished quickshot 1 in the original box.

A sealed boxed copy of Warlords for the 2600, box is mashed, but still looks decent.

I also have rebuilt original CX40 joysticks or a few different aftermarket ones.

I can add or substitute any of these items to the above set for an added fee.

I'll be 100% honest, I'm not sure how much this stuff is worth right now, so I just guessed at prices based on the amount of money I need and how much shipping will cost for items this large. I can be flexible on the prices as long as I don't feel like I'm taking a loss.

Now, if you are REALLY interested in this stuff, let me know and I'll get the pictures on here. I want to avoid ebay if at all possible, but that's my next step if I can't find a buyer here. I'd much rather deal with friends and skip paying eBay and Paypal fees.

One more thing, if anyone is interested, I have a boxed Atari Flashback 4 with wireless joysticks. I'd be willing to sell or trade it. $30 with free shipping or I'll trade for repairable 2600 paddles..

Edited by RamrodHare
  • Like 2

I've edited the original post and I'm now willing to sell single items or small lots. PM me with what you are interested in and your zip code. I'll get back to you with a price ASAP.

Removed more sold items. List is now current. I'm trying not to lose money on shipping, so there's not much wiggle room on the shipping price, but feel free to make offers on the items. These are all just games and manuals I don't need, so I'm very flexible on the price. :-D

Edited by RamrodHare

FYI, if you have your own boxes or envelopes, you can ship lighter stuff by First Class. A couple of manuals or even a single cartridge should weigh less than 13 or 16 ounces (13 is the cut-off regular rates, 16 is the cut-off for discounted rates like those offered by eBay or PayPal). That'll usually knock the shipping cost down to between three and four dollars.

Priority Mail boxes have to be shipped Priority Mail, so that's your only option if you're using the free boxes. Nothing against using the free boxes, just be aware of the restrictions since the Post Office really doesn't like it when people try to cheat with the freebies.

Some people are asking about the same items as other people, so from here on out, I'm not holding items. The items are yours when you pay for them, until then, they are still for sale. If I have something you want, get it before it's gone! :)

That's a reasonable way of doing business. After all this isn't a library taking holds on items.

FYI, if you have your own boxes or envelopes, you can ship lighter stuff by First Class. A couple of manuals or even a single cartridge should weigh less than 13 or 16 ounces (13 is the cut-off regular rates, 16 is the cut-off for discounted rates like those offered by eBay or PayPal).

Priority Mail boxes have to be shipped Priority Mail, so that's your only option if you're using the free boxes. Nothing against using the free boxes, just be aware of the restrictions since the Post Office really doesn't like it when people try to cheat with the freebies.

I use my own boxes. I've asked about cheaper ways to ship and I'm always told the same thing, Priority mail is the cheapest method availible. Priority also has insurance and tracking. Both of those cost extra if you ship any other way, running the price of First class up higher than priority.. I don't have a printer or scales and I don't sell enough stuff to justify buying them, so I have no way of getting the discounted rates that are offered online. I'm just hoping to get these games and manuals all sent to good homes so I can stop dealing with USPS for a while. :P

I understand not being able to use the online services, and yeah, I wouldn't try to persuade you to buy a printer or scale if you don't plan on using them that much. However, even without online discounts and the like, Priority Mail isn't always the cheapest way to go. Frequently, but not always. For manuals and loose cartridges that can be mailed in boxes 13 ounces of less, First Class will likely be the cheaper method. Tracking is actually free across all USPS shipping methods now, including First Class. Personally I wouldn't bother insuring something you're only selling for a few bucks anyway, but if you decide to insure a First Class package, $2.10 will get you insurance up to $50. That will put a lot of FIrst Class packages in the neighborhood of $6, which is still cheaper than shipping that same box via Priority Mail ($6.65 to $7.75, depending on distance). Admittedly sometimes the difference between Priority Mail and insured First Class is pennies, but other times it can save you over a buck.

This won't really matter for manuals and cartridges, but larger packages, around five pounds and heavier, can usually be shipped cheaper by Parcel Select or Retail Ground. The post office can't seem to make up its mind what to call it's non-Priority service). Whether Parcel Select is cheaper will depend on the weight, size and where you're shipping to, and again will only really matter for heavier boxes. In any case, though, it's still a good idea to check all the possibilities, and the self-service kiosks at the post office will help you do that. The only shipping service you can't buy at a kiosk is Media Mail, and the Post Office has been adamant about disallowing Media Mail for video games and game-related stuff anyway.

• Like 1

I understand not being able to use the online services... The only shipping service you can't buy at a kiosk...

Trust me, I always ask what the cheapest method is and the answer for anything in a box, no matter the size or weight, has been Priority. Being totally honest, I think the post office closest to me (Afton) has been ripping people off for years. Now it's only open on certain days of the week and even then, it's only open until noon. The next closest is Chuckey, which is where I go now. I don't think they are any better. There have been a few times I've mailed something from Chuckey, after checking the cost at Afton and found it was cheaper than what I was quoted. Afton also charges for tracking or insurance on anything other than Priority, that's still how they were doing it last week when my Father stopped there to ship a package for me.. I just found out today (at the Chuckey Post Office) that first class has free tracking. Today I mailed out some manuals in a bubble envelope and it was cheaper than what small boxes had been costing, so I can adjust what I charge for just manuals now. As far as kiosks, there's no such thing at either post office. The last time I was in the main post office on the other end of Greeneville, they didn't have a kiosk either. Since I'm on the upper end of town, that post office is too far for me to drive to ship something I only charged $10 for, since it would take most of that to put gas in my vehicle to get there. :P

Trust me, I always ask what the cheapest method is and the answer for anything in a box, no matter the size or weight, has been Priority. Being totally honest, I think the post office closest to me (Afton) has been ripping people off for years.

Do they have a self-service kiosk? If so, use the self-service kiosk, even if the post office itself is open. Not only is the line often shorter, you'll get a straight answer on what's the cheapest way to ship for every package.

• Like 1

Do they have a self-service kiosk? If so, use the self-service kiosk, even if the post office itself is open. Not only is the line often shorter, you'll get a straight answer on what's the cheapest way to ship for every package.

Nope, That's what I mentioned in the last post. There's no kiosk. These are really small Post offices out in the country. There's only one employee and no kind of automated self service stuff at all. I didn't even realize there were self service things at ANY Post office. I've lived here all my life and I don't travel, so the three Post offices within driving distance of my house are the only ones I've ever been inside. The main Post office in Greeneville is the biggest one and it only has 3 employees at most. That's one at the front counter and the two in back sorting the mail. Greeneville is the town tourists drive AROUND on their way to "literally" anywhere else. :grin:

Nope, That's what I mentioned in the last post. There's no kiosk.

Ah, I missed that bit. Sorry about that. Obviously I take for granted the conveniences that come with living in the shadow of a big city like Houston, even as I'm also griping about that shadow.

You may still have some options, depending on how much time and effort you want to devote to making sure you're paying the cheapest way possible. If you're fairly confident a box weighs well under a pound -- and a box with a single cartridge almost certainly will, for example -- you can try asking for First Class at the counter. The worst they can tell you is that it weighs too much and you'll have to go Priority instead. If you'd rather not ask and you have access to a library, you might just have access to a public-use scale, and maybe even a computer and printer as well. Using the printer may not be worth it depending on how much the library would charge per print-out, but at the very least the scale would let you look up rates and then be more confident about what shipping service to ask for.

Whatever you decide, I would recommend at least doing some research on the Post Office's website. There are several services that seem like they're the same thing but aren't, and so it's easy for devious post office employees to trip people up if they wanted to. For example, tracking is free, but Signature Confirmation costs extra. The difference is you get a signature from the recipient when a package is delivered. Sometimes that's good to have, but other times it's probably not worth the nearly three bucks they charge at the counter.

• 2 weeks later...