Rev

Guess my icon. Win a prize.

We have a winner.

Did you recognize the box or what

I thought about the clues given and thought about those Atari ads as well as 80's Sierra boxart. Ironically, I also was on AtariProtos the other day and read about Jawbreaker. I hope the prize isn't a picture of an obese woman I've seen on another thread.

post-18158-0-00100200-1505357875.jpg

I thought about the clues given and thought about those Atari ads as well as 80's Sierra boxart. Ironically, I also was on AtariProtos the other day and read about Jawbreaker. I hope the prize isn't a picture of an obese woman I've seen on another thread.

attachicon.gifobese_woman.jpg

Interesting how you got it.

I'll pm you on prize.

P.s.

Where did you get that pic of Cmart's mom????

So I didn't had any chance because I never saw a Jawbreaker box in my life :_( :_(

I've never seen the box before either, but that didn't stop me from guessing.

We all put in worthy guesses.

It was fun trying.

There is a small boat on one of the cardboard boxes on the cover. I wonder if it represents the same kind of PimPim candy that I linked to, i.e. raspberry jelly boats sold internationally. I have never considered if that is a typical Swedish kind of candy or not, but as the illustration on the Jawbreaker cover and the illustration on the actual candy package are quite similar, it makes me want to investigate the relationship.

• Like 1

There is a small boat on one of the cardboard boxes on the cover. I wonder if it represents the same kind of PimPim candy that I linked to, i.e. raspberry jelly boats sold internationally. I have never considered if that is a typical Swedish kind of candy or not, but as the illustration on the Jawbreaker cover and the illustration on the actual candy package are quite similar, it makes me want to investigate the relationship.

post-61233-0-87197900-1505421982.jpg

Yup. Those were first manufactured in 1928, I learned but I haven't found any evidence they're internationally known possibly outside of IKEA stores. Then again I don't know the story behind Jawbreaker, if the programmer John Harris or anyone who designed the box had any relation to that particular candy, or some other kind of candy marketed with small sail boats.

No, not Swedish Fish, but PimPim candy - notice the sailboat on the box?

274640886a8a1e5d4f390eb5e59cf2e9--candy-

They are little half-round "ship hulls"

raspberryboats.jpg

Yep, I know. The Swedish Fish were the first thing to pop into my head when he mentioned "Swedish candy", though. ;)

Ironically, I also was on AtariProtos the other day and read about Jawbreaker.

So I get 50% of the prize right? ;)