IGNORED

Anyone ever use the audio out feature on the C64 Ultimate II/II+?

eightbit

I finally got around to doing this tonight primarily to get two speaker audio to the PC speakers that are connected to both the Amiga and IIGS. I got one of those nifty little 3.5mm audio four way switchboxes ;) The sound coming out of this is awesome! I cannot tell any difference between it and the real SID chip. Its actually better in the sense that you can chose an 8580 for one channel and a 6581 for another and up the voices. Creates a cool stereo effect. You can of course not do that and just have exact (or what to me sounds exact) SID simulation. Would be great for machines with a dead (or missing) SID chip as well. Very very cool.

I finally got around to doing this tonight primarily to get two speaker audio to the PC speakers that are connected to both the Amiga and IIGS. I got one of those nifty little 3.5mm audio four way switchboxes ;) The sound coming out of this is awesome! I cannot tell any difference between it and the real SID chip. Its actually better in the sense that you can chose an 8580 for one channel and a 6581 for another and up the voices. Creates a cool stereo effect. You can of course not do that and just have exact (or what to me sounds exact) SID simulation. Would be great for machines with a dead (or missing) SID chip as well. Very very cool.

I have an Ultimate II. I plugged in a speaker once to see what the disk drive sounds were like, that's about it. I suppose with the new Ultimate II+ an external speaker is no longer required.

I have an Ultimate II. I plugged in a speaker once to see what the disk drive sounds were like, that's about it. I suppose with the new Ultimate II+ an external speaker is no longer required.

I did the same with my Ultimate II. It's neat, but not having the speaker onboard like the II+ is not terribly convenient.

I did the same with my Ultimate II. It's neat, but not having the speaker onboard like the II+ is not terribly convenient.

Did you get an Ultimate II+ yet Bill? I've been considering it, although there is nothing wrong my current Ultimate II ;)

I use the sid emulation feature to emulate a 8580 with my breadbin 64 and have a nice dual-sid stereo effect ...

Ah, that's a creative use for it that's for sure. I've never experienced dual SIDs yet, but I've ordered a MK2 Reloaded with 2 of them, so I guess I'll found out what it's all about.