IGNORED

Beware of this Eli's Ladder on Ebay

atari181

I asked him about it several times. He said he purchased it 30 years ago at Half Price Books and has been verified by 2 experts and 2 companies that verified it's authenticity. He then sent me a link to a real cart and said "look it's the same!"

I pointed out the easiest to see mistake (the end label) and he continued to say it was real. He isn't a misguided seller, but just another scammer.

Why conduct yourself as such a scumbag and concoct a bullshit story (if this is the case) for a few extra scraps of paper? Tsk tsk tsk....have at least a bit of dignity, ffs....

AA:

post-61233-0-75418600-1505441759.jpg

post-61233-0-19419200-1505441736.jpg

Auction:

post-61233-0-86200000-1505441773_thumb.jpg

Seriously? Keep in mind, I've suffered retinal damage in recent years. The Ghost of Ray Charles is here with me, and he can easily spot the differences as well.

The guy has taken the listing down now. He told me he went to 2 different "companies" in Austin, TX to have it authenticated. Funny he never mentioned the names of those companies. I told him I know a couple people in Austin so they could vet his "experts" and his fake cart if he likes :P

UPDATE! He said he took it to a "convention" an to "Game Over Video Games" and they loved how rare and mint it is! :rolling:

It's been relisted now as well. God it's sooo mint and rare. How am I going to live without this cartridge in my possession!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELIS-LADDER-ATARI-2600-TOP-10-RARE-GAMES-/142507817040?hash=item212e20b850:g:UWAAAOSw1IlZu0Jo

UPDATE! He said he took it to a "convention" an to "Game Over Video Games" and they loved how rare and mint it is! :rolling:

It's been relisted now as well. God it's sooo mint and rare. How am I going to live without this cartridge in my possession!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELIS-LADDER-ATARI-2600-TOP-10-RARE-GAMES-/142507817040?hash=item212e20b850:g:UWAAAOSw1IlZu0Jo

Of course, now with the relisting you can't see the end label.

Look real. I did some research not all have plus and minus. The main picture is accurate. Does not look uneven . Plus who would reproduce this game 30 years ago. If kept assay and protected It would look this good. It looks legit

Way to come here and shill your own auction, looking at your email address I can see you are the seller of this item. Please show me some of your "research" where you see legitimate copies of the game without the plus and minus. And that's not the only issue with the labels, just one of the more obvious discrepancies.

..Al

• Like 5

I would never fake a game. It is real. Why the hell would someone reproduce a educational game 30 years ago?????? I bought it in the box etc but I did not save the box back then never thought It would be worth anyghing. I do have cancer and yes am in hospital now. My daughter who is 12 put a high reserve on it so won't sell anyway just wanted to show it to public

Edited by Atari1976

Look real. I did some research not all have plus and minus. The main picture is accurate. Does not look uneven . Plus who would reproduce this game 30 years ago. If kept assay and protected It would look this good. It looks legit

It's more than obvious that you didn't do your "research", or you are just plain lying. There is a reason why people put "reproduction" on the label. It's so that scumbag-scam sellers like you can't try and pass it off as the real thing and waste someone's hard-earned money on a fake game.

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan

I would never fake a game. It is real. Why the hell would someone reproduce a educational game 30 years ago?????? I bought it in the box etc but I did not save the box back then never thought It would be worth anyghing. I do have cancer and yes am in hospital now. My daughter who is 12 put a high reserve on it so won't sell anyway just wanted to show it to public

Please show me some of your "research" where you see legitimate copies of the game without the plus and minus.