IGNORED

Atari 5200 Donkey Kong

Tempest

The 2600 DK has great gameplay in my opinion, and the controls are better than on the CV (although I've only played the CV version in emulation). Obviously the 2600 graphics of DK leave something to be desired. I am curious how the controls translated to the 5200 from the A8, and the 5200 has a very particular set of controls. Thanks everyone for the information!

Edited by toptenmaterial

I love ATARI more than anything else but I'm sorry Eduardo takes the cake here with his DONKEY KONG ARCADE for COLECOVISION. That's the best port of any arcade game I've ever seen in my life. I cant wait until his CV2 is done.

.... It's good, but it's not the best. Here is the best:

400/800/5200 DK is the only home version that has all 4 arcade levels (intro, intermissions, and the pie factory are missing from all the others)

Ocean's version for C64 and Amstrad CPC has those as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJ_uwaTD_w

Still, that was AFAIK only released in Europe, so the Atari 400/800 would have the most complete NTSC version (Atari's own C64 version missing the intermission screens, although having the full intro).

I love ATARI more than anything else but I'm sorry Eduardo takes the cake here with his DONKEY KONG ARCADE for COLECOVISION. That's the best port of any arcade game I've ever seen in my life. I cant wait until his CV2 is done.

If Eduardo's follows his usual method of adapting the original arcade code (which I think it does just like his Space Invaders port), then it will be. Can't get any better than 100% accurate to the arcade version even down to tricks & bugs. :P

Edited by NE146

If Eduardo's follows his usual method of adapting the original arcade code (which I think it does just like his Space Invaders port), then it will be. Can't get any better than 100% accurate to the arcade version even down to tricks & bugs. :P

Thats what Sockmaster did with this coco3 port. The code was directly translated to 6809. And the special hardware is emulated.

I can start the coco3 DK and DK in my Mame cab and they run perfect and in time.

I'm sure his port will be great. And it maybe he can make it as good, but not better. :)

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...