IGNORED

Blue or black background?

grips03

Oregon Bound game background color  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is blue or black a better background color? Blue is like Colecovision Game Select screen. Black is like Donkey Kong background color?

2. 2. If game only had Blue background would you buy it? Please note game has both blue (default) and black (option)

• Yes, my eyes love solid blue screens
    • No, I'm glad there is an option for black

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

If someone was porting Pac Man Jr. to Intellivision, would they change the default background color to Blue vs. the original Black? If no, then why would someone want to do it to Oregon Trail. Why not keep the game like the Apple II release?

For those that are unsure Blue vs. Black, see pictures below.

post-27883-0-80942500-1505656318.png

post-27883-0-81770500-1505656324.png

If someone was porting Pac Man Jr. to Intellivision, would they change the default background color to Blue vs. the original Black? If no, then why would someone want to do it to Oregon Trail. Why not keep the game like the Apple II release?

My Apple version looked like this:

oregontrail.jpg

We aren't we paying homage to this version?

My Apple version looked like this:

<snip the pic>

We aren't we paying homage to this version?

Apparently some people are assuming this is a conversion of the Apple II 1985 version. It is not. It is an Intellivision update of the original Oregon.bas that was popular on mainframes in the 70's and is in fact ported from the 1978 Creative Computing type in version.

Oh sorry, don't include me in "some people".... I'm just poking the beast for the fun of it... :-D

Apparently some people are assuming this is a conversion of the Apple II 1985 version. It is not. It is an Intellivision update of the original Oregon.bas that was popular on mainframes in the 70's and is in fact ported from the 1978 Creative Computing type in version.

Somebody needs to port the 1985 version soon. It is far superior.

• Like 1

Is 82 kB the largest Intellivision game to date?

For IntyBASIC based homebrews

Oregon Bound 81.0 KB (83,017 bytes)
IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1 81.7 KB (83,676 bytes)
I can't speak for others like Kroz which might be using the bankswitching of Joe's board, but Joe does have a version of Colossal Caves that is if I recall correctly 500k or closer to 1 meg on his board.
There will be 2 games in 2018 that will greatly exceed 82k if Real Life will let me finish them.
  • Like 2

For IntyBASIC based homebrews

Oregon Bound 81.0 KB (83,017 bytes)

IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1 81.7 KB (83,676 bytes)

I can't speak for others like Kroz which might be using the bankswitching of Joe's board, but Joe does have a version of Colossal Caves that is if I recall correctly 500k or closer to 1 meg on his board.

There will be 2 games in 2018 that will greatly exceed 82k if Real Life will let me finish them.

Real Life is the worst!