IGNORED

Interest check - 70s and 80s TV shows/TV movies/commercials - trade?

Grig

Just wanted to see if there was any interest from anyone here regarding trading gaming stuff for DVD's filled with 70s and 80s TV nostalgia.

Some of you here know that I am always looking for Betamax/VHS tapes with TV content from the 70s and 80s on them.

I have now amassed probably around 200+ DVD's (most 2 hrs each DVD) filled with TV stuff I recorded from tapes.

I have game shows, cartoons, commercials, sports, specials, interviews, news, etc. If you grew up in the 70s and/or 80s you probably watched most of what I have.

Some of it is on my youtube channel but most of it cannot be aired due to copyright reasons.

Anyway, if you are interested shoot me a PM. I can send you a detailed list. I would provide the blank DVD's.

Thanks!

Wish I had VHS to contribute to your hobby!

I recorded all the old Transformers and GI Joe miniseries, as well as the first 2 seasons of Star Trek TNG, but I sat in front of the TV and cut the commercials with the 'pause' button! Back then it was easy - 2 minutes every break was pretty much perfect.

• Like 1

You converted all those VHS tapes to DVD?

Yes, i have converted probably about 1000 tapes - of course not all VHS tapes had 6 hours worth of content to record and not all Betamax had 4.5 hours of content to record - but it is pretty close. The actual amount may be more but I cannot say right now. I am compiling a detailed list in case I have interested parties. It will be a bit slow but worth it. Lots of good 70s and 80s TV. I am currently indexing Superfriends, Pac-Man, Little Rascals and Richie Rich from the early 1980s - complete with Schoolhouse Rock.

• Like 2

A noble pursuit to be sure. I have three hours of television from the early 1980s that I found on a torrent, but I have a funny feeling you have it already. It's a CBS Saturday morning broadcast, complete with the short-lived Peanuts cartoon.

Hmmm ... yes I may have one like that. I do have some of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show - but not much. Good stuff.

I'm always interested in consumer electronic and video game commercials. Home audio, computer, radio, digital watches, calculators, small appliances, small electronic gadgets in general.

Hardware or drug store commercials from Tru Value, Ace Hardware, Phar-Mor, etc.

Restaurants like Yankee Doodle Dandy, McDonalds, Burger King, Showbiz Pizza and retail stores like Zayre, Venture, Child World, Kay*Bee and Toys R Us.

Consumer electronic and record stores such as Playback Audio, Crazy Eddie, Stereo Studio, Highland Superstores, Silo, Fretter's, Rose Records and Record Town.

Hell of an undertaking, thanks for doing this Grig! Will send a PM soon...

• Like 1

I'm always interested in consumer electronic and video game commercials. Home audio, computer, radio, digital watches, calculators, small appliances, small electronic gadgets in general.

Hardware or drug store commercials from Tru Value, Ace Hardware, Phar-Mor, etc.

Restaurants like Yankee Doodle Dandy, McDonalds, Burger King, Showbiz Pizza and retail stores like Zayre, Venture, Child World, Kay*Bee and Toys R Us.

Consumer electronic and record stores such as Playback Audio, Crazy Eddie, Stereo Studio, Highland Superstores, Silo, Fretter's, Rose Records and Record Town.

Hell of an undertaking, thanks for doing this Grig! Will send a PM soon...

awesome thanks!

Well it's a bit slow going due to work/family/life - but I have a little over 20 DVD's catalogued with title and air dates. Some really good stuff with some fantastic retro commercials - and yes Atari is there!

I will keep working on it bit by bit and I will start sending out lists to those who are interested. Thanks to everyone who has shown interest, I am thrilled to share and make good trades!

• Like 1

Okay I have a partial list, only about 58 DVD's right now. I still have 5 CD/DVD holders to go through, all filled with DVD's - and I also have a huge stack of current project DVD's (and more VHS/Beta tapes to go through!). Some MTV on my current projects.

Some of the tape quality was good and some was - well, less than good.

Anyway, send me a message indicating interest and I will reply with the list. We can figure out a trade after the entire list is finished.

Thanks to all who have indicated interest!