IGNORED

Season 6 -- GOLD Medal Bracket

S.BAZ

Atari Emulation + Vocelli = LOW SCORES!

I am a cart man... sorry but I cannot get passed the fourth stage.

I definitely prefer the real deal, too. So I certainly had the advantage this round since Lead is one of the homebrews I own and have played it quite a bit.

YES Snakeboy. It's TOO EARLY to concede a victory to me on this tournament. Remember that October 15th is the deadline to post scores for the Gold Medal Finals. To win your Gold Medal, you have to play and win at least TWO of 3 games. Tonight I will share guidelines and tips for your victory on moon patrol and bump n jump.

Edited by oyamafamily

I decided to share the following videos to Snakeboy study and memorize the obstacles! :) ;) ;-)

1) Atari 2600 - Bump 'N' Jump - World of Longplays, played by RickyC

Road 1 - 00:10 to 01:27

Road 2 - 01:32 to 02:48

Road 3 - 02:54 to 04:13

Road 4 - 04:19 to 05:36

Road 5 - 05:42 to 06:58

Road 6 - 07:04 to 08:27

Road 7 - 08:32 to 09:48

Road 8 - 09:54 to 11:33 (the most difficult road which must be studied with more attention!)

Road 9 - 11:39 to 13:03

Here's a key to beat my 356,000-point score on Bump N Jump: complete the first 7 roads (#1 to #7) without destroying any cars. With this feat, your score at the starting of Road #8 will be circa 355,000 points. On Road #8, destroying some cars will be enough to reach approximately 360,000 points before you lose all the remaining lives.

From 2600 OLD HSC Season 6, Week 15, there's a GOLD TIP provided by shadow460:

"Second river on the second Fall course. It should be Road 8. When you see the flashing !, speed up to the full 220 MPH. This may be one of the courses where you have to bump a few cars off, especially in this area. Jump as normal, as soon as you see water. You will bounce off a small island and land on a long strip. Slow the car to 112 MPH and jump from the strip at the last possible second. You should bounce off a half island, and then onto solid ground. If your game ends here, post the final score and then hit Select to replay the road until you get it down."

2) Atari 2600 - Moon Patrol (Medium) - World of Longplays, played by Mad-Matty

Course 1 / Round 1 - 00:10 to 00:55

Course 1 / Round 2 - 00:58 to 01:48

Course 1 / Round 3 - 01:52 to 02:43

Course 1 / Round 4 - 02:47 to 03:37

Course 1 / Round 5 - 03:40 to 04:40

Course 2 / Round 1 - 04:43 to 05:38

Course 2 / Round 2 - 05:42 to 06:32

Course 2 / Round 3 - 06:36 to 07:22

Course 2 / Round 4 - 07:26 to 08:10

Course 2 / Round 5 - 08:13 to 09:24

Course 2 / Round 1 - 09:27 to 10:30

Course 2 / Round 2 - 10:34 to 11:41

I apologize for making the gold medal bracket boring by not posting any scores, but this round could not have come at a worst time for me. My wife was in the hospital all last week so I had absolutely zero time to play. They let her out on Friday but finding time this weekend has still been hard. I'm hoping maybe I will be able to at least post some scores tonight.

I apologize for making the gold medal bracket boring by not posting any scores, but this round could not have come at a worst time for me. My wife was in the hospital all last week so I had absolutely zero time to play. They let her out on Friday but finding time this weekend has still been hard. I'm hoping maybe I will be able to at least post some scores tonight.

my best wishes to you and your family

• Like 2

Thanks Oyamafamily and DarQ Massacres.

My wife was in the hospital mostly as a precaution. She is expecting our first child and last Monday went in for monitoring and had high blood pressure so they kept her there all week. She is at home now and doing well -- just needs to take it easy.

Anyways, I'm hoping to be able to play some this week. Don't want to make it too easy for Oyamafamily!

Edited by snakeboy
  • Like 3