IGNORED

Rare 2600 stuff - Imagic Kiosk / Newport Prosticks / Sears H6

Andred

I came across a pretty amazing 2600 haul a few weeks ago that I couldn't pass up even though my collecting leans more toward the NES era. Some of this stuff is so rare that I wanted to give my fellow collectors a shot at it instead of just throwing it up on Ebay.

Obviously I don't have any seller feedback here on AtariAge but I just did a big NES buy on NintendoAge and I've done a lot of trades with feedback on Digitpress.com. Here's the link but you have to be signed in to DP to see it: https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?89996-Andred

Here's what I've got for sale. PM me with offers

Imagic 2600 Retail Demo Kiosk ($Taking offers)

https://imgur.com/a/XYVSi

post-11889-0-58638600-1505874699_thumb.jpg

Definitely the best piece. These kiosks were used in store (I've heard K-Mart from a few sources but they were probably in other stores as well). They are designed to allow the demo of 24 cartridges for a set period of time which is controlled by a dial on the back. It plugs into the cartridge slot and controller port (to allow multiple types of controllers?) of a standard 2600 console and has built-in software that allows you to select a specific game and does all the switching. They are incredibly rare now. In doing hours of research I could only find about 5 distinct examples of it.

Here's everything I know about the condition of it.

It works, as you can see in the images. I'm not selling a console with it but it has little removable metal brackets on the bottom that allow you to put in whatever console you'd like. It had a light sixer in it when I bought it.

All the damage to it is from previous owners. Rather than try to do any restoring myself, I've decided to leave it alone and let the buyer restore it to whatever level they'd like. The condition is probably fair to good, as I would label it. Here are the flaws:

• Broken corner on acrylic shield.
  • shield is also fairly scratched up in places
  • dings and chips in the wood frame (1 chunk is pretty large)
  • 'B' button doesn't work (might be cold solder or the switch could be dead, I can't tell)
  • minor corrosion on metal back
  • minor laminate peeling

Even with all those issues, it's a seriously cool collector's piece and looks great on the shelf. Here's the thread after I found it: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/269437-found-an-imagic-kiosk/

I have a general idea of what it's worth but I'm looking for offers on this.

Newport Prosticks ($50 each)

post-11889-0-66486100-1505874654_thumb.jpg

2 of these things came in the lot with the Imagic kiosk. Took a while to figure out what they were. Looks like it's a very rare joystick that was only available via mail-order directly from the company. As a result, very few were sold. They're very difficult to get info on and even harder to find.

The bad news is they don't really work. On one, the joystick works but the inside bracket that holds the button in place is broken so the button can just be pushed into the body. The other one is completely inoperable. Someone who knows more about these old electronics can probably fix them up and have a great collector's item on their hands.

Edited by Andred

I won't be making an offer, but I'll say that I think even rare joysticks are not worth very much if they are broken.

That is probably fair. I honestly just don't know what to price them at because I can't find an example of anyone having these, let alone selling them.

• 2 months later...