IGNORED

MyPicoDos 4.06 released

HiassofT

I've just released MyPicoDos 4.06 on my website. Here's the direct link to the ZIP:

http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/mypdos-4.06.zip

No huge changes compared to 4.05, mostly minor stuff and bugfixes that have accumulated over the years:

• Added .CAR file loader for The!Cart and Freezer 2011 versions of MyPicoDos
  • Disable atract mode when using joystick navigation
  • Added directory and drive switching using joystick
  • Bugfix: don't disable highspeed SIO if reading a directory fails
so long,

Hias

• Like 16

I've just released MyPicoDos 4.06 on my website. Here's the direct link to the ZIP:

http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/mypdos-4.06.zip

No huge changes compared to 4.05, mostly minor stuff and bugfixes that have accumulated over the years:

• Added .CAR file loader for The!Cart and Freezer 2011 versions of MyPicoDos
  • Disable atract mode when using joystick navigation
  • Added directory and drive switching using joystick
  • Bugfix: don't disable highspeed SIO if reading a directory fails
so long,

Hias

Excelent

Thank you.

What exactly does that do? Load to the Freezer/The!Cart RAM and start the cartridge emulation?

Yes.

This has been integrated in The!Cart software for quite a while (since end of 2013 according to commit log) and about a year ago I added that feature for Freezer 2011 as well.

It's limited to the available RAM and supported cartridge modes of the platform (so eg Space Harrier won't work as it needs 1MB) but otherwise has been pretty handy for testing stuff.

BTW: updated versions of The!Cart software and dir2atr with final 4.06 MyPicoDos release will follow soon.

so long,

Hias

Edited by HiassofT
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...

Really searching for the best menu for all the Dos's along the lines of the SpartaDos MENU.COM program it can read both Sparta and MyDos disks but can't seem to copy to a MyDos disk without my getting an error 162 disk space full error.  Surely by now someone has devised the best MENU.COM program for both (or all) the disk formats?  The MyDos 4.5 or 4.53 just shows the Sparta Disks as garbled trash.

The menu program isn't really responsible for the failure to read the file system correctly, since it relies on file system drivers. Recent versions of the SpartaDOS X 'ATARIDOS.SYS' driver do the best job of reading MYDOS disks (it benefits from a number of corrections over earlier SpartaDOS file system drivers for Atari formats), but since I don't use MYDOS disk regularly with SDX, I'm not sure how well it handles MYDOS subdirectories, etc. MYDOS certainly has no hope of reading the SpartaDOS file system, since it knows nothing about it.

So: have a look at the newest versions of SDX if you're able, and try its MENU tool or the newer add-on 'disk commander' type utility whose name I have managed to completely forget at this moment. :)

EDIT: 'Sparta Commander'. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

SpartaDos X 4.47 (SDX) seems to work pretty well.  What form of Basic provides the largest workspace to go with this SDX?
I can't find any variation of TurboBasic that works right with the SDX versions.  Am I overlooking an obvious workaround to get Sparta or SpartaDosX to work together  with the great Ostrowski's (and tip of the hat to anyone who picked up and moved his work along) masterpiece?

18 minutes ago, Ray Gillman said:

I can't find any variation of TurboBasic that works right with the SDX versions

You need to launch TBXL with the 'X' command, i.e.:

X TURBOBAS.COM

There are ways to automate this process, but it's best to refer to the SDX manual. Note that the latest version of SDX is 4.49.

Turbo BASIC XL will leave you with a lot of free memory since it lives under the OS, but this also means that you MUST run SDX on a machine with extended memory. There is a section on running TBXL in the SDX manual, which you'll also find at the link above.