Jump to content
Coolcrab

[Done] Astronomer development thread

Recommended Posts

Added small update to fix a game glitch. Other then that Packrat got 40 boxes for the game and we got a special patch that can be won by getting 20 points on the game!

 

The world record at the moment is 22 (by me) so lots of space for improvement. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot get the following two beams:

 

Have they been removed ?

if y=360 then playfield:
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .....................XXXXXXXX
    ..............XXXXXXX........
    .............................
    .............................
end
if y=370 then playfield:
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    .............................
    ..............XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    .............................
    .............................
end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea it wasn't meant to go so low. (As telescopes usually don't either. It might have been good to allow in hindsight, but it's too late now :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be featuring Astronomer (and going for the Patch challenge!) LIVE on tomorrow's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 12PM PT|3PM ET|8PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games:

- Adventures of the 50-foot-tall Stalk of Celery (WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- The Goons (WIP) by Ed Riley aka winkdot
- Tron (Arcade Port) by orange808
- Astronomer (Patch Challenge) by Alex Pietrow aka Coolcrab

 

post-37205-0-36915700-1549605219_thumb.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZeroPage Homebrew will be trying for the homebrew patch in Astronomer on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 16) stream LIVE on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

 

Games:

 

 (SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

 

 

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

 

ZeroPage Homebrew will be trying for the homebrew patch in Astronomer on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 16) stream LIVE on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

 

Hope you get the patch James! We need more members in the club. Btw, you only need to score 70 to get the high score.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Hope you get the patch James! We need more members in the club. Btw, you only need to score 70 to get the high score.

Only 70? Pffft, kids stuff! I'm sure as I get 20 for the patch I'll be able to zoom right to 70!! Hahah.

 

- James

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Only 70? Pffft, kids stuff! I'm sure as I get 20 for the patch I'll be able to zoom right to 70!! Hahah.

 

- James

Haha! Yeah I think @TrekMD HS score is safe. This should immediately get added to the PlusCarts HS table.

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE!! PATCH ACHIEVED!!

 

After many attempts yesterday I was able to finally get the Astronomer patch with 22 points! I switched from the paddle controller to the joystick and increased my score by quite a bit due to the single click precision of the movement. Although there was some time lost in being not able to whip around to the next star each round with the paddle, it was more than made up for in being able to keep the star in the precise beam of the telescope with the joystick.

 

DIRECT VIDEO LINK TO TIME OF WIN @ 3:13:14

 

image.thumb.png.fbaceb1f7b2c2a8e3f5358060e1cc226.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

UPDATE!! PATCH ACHIEVED!!

 

After many attempts yesterday I was able to finally get the Astronomer patch with 22 points! I switched from the paddle controller to the joystick and increased my score by quite a bit due to the single click precision of the movement. Although there was some time lost in being not able to whip around to the next star each round with the paddle, it was more than made up for in being able to keep the star in the precise beam of the telescope with the joystick.

 

DIRECT VIDEO LINK TO TIME OF WIN @ 3:13:14

 

image.thumb.png.fbaceb1f7b2c2a8e3f5358060e1cc226.png

Congrats! I'm so glad to see that people are still going for the patch. :)

Welcome to the 'Astronomer hall of fame!' http://pietrow.net/atari/astronomer/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Coolcrab said:

Congrats! I'm so glad to see that people are still going for the patch. :)

Welcome to the 'Astronomer hall of fame!' http://pietrow.net/atari/astronomer/

Thank you so much @Coolcrab, I'm honoured to be the seventh inductee into the 'Astronomer Hall of Fame' amongst the other elite Stargazers!

 

- James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...