IGNORED

Tutorvision games - Interest check

Alex.Pace

The serial number of one compatible system to start would be nice.

edit:

And any cartridge that uses the built in title screen should say "INTV Corporation presents" with a Tutorvision Exec. That means pretty much all the Mattel 'network' games (except Vectron).

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I'm wondering how after all these years and soooo many variant obsessed collectors out there, no one's noticed the different GROM. I guess if true, this is proof that cmart never actually takes his stuff out of the packaging to, you know, play the actual games. :P

Lol! True fact about my 100 systems. Some of them have not been tested. I will, however, now be trying out my Super Pro systems. :)

Lol! True fact about my 100 systems. Some of them have not been tested. I will, however, now be trying out my Super Pro systems. :)

If you do, and you have a working system for sale please let me know.

At that point, I would love to purchase one so I could buy and play these games.

Thank you! Wolfy62.......and soon to be 55! :)

• Like 2

After all the research I could handle for one day, I'm fairly certain that if these do exist, very few of the "standard" consoles would contain the WBEXEC. I highly doubt INTV was producing more than a handful of boards by the late 80s. It wouldn't surprise me if we're talking the low 100s in terms of Super Pros that had this board, which means maybe a dozen or so have survived and are accounted for by collectors at best.

Especially because nowhere in years of variant collecting, screenshots, etc, has this rabid community ever once mentioned a different font on startup.

I'm waiting to see even ONE of them from the local crowd before I accept this as anything more than a collapsing Lupin :lol:

• Like 2

What we need is an upgrade service for the Sears Super Video Arcade. As that is the closest in color to the TutorVision. I would buy them. As I'm a colletor in way too deep already. LOL

Can I paint 206 shells with vinyl paint and get couple of each in exhchange. I've got 2800 common carts left. LOL

• Like 1

If someone like joe makes the chips that are needed available i probably would do some for people. I would mod my sears unit too if it is possible.

That may be complicated to do since the Tutorvision has both a modified EXEC ROM and modified/enhanced video hardware. It's not impossible but it likely will be a tricker upgrade than the other upgrades we've seen.

• Like 1

I would definitely support the release of these games just hoping that one of my two Super Pro Systems is compatible so I can actually play the games. If not I'm sure one of you smart tech people will be able to work up a mod in future. Would be great to see it compatible with Sears Telegames unit but that may be asking too much. Good luck on the project!

I would definitely support the release of these games just hoping that one of my two Super Pro Systems is compatible so I can actually play the games. If not I'm sure one of you smart tech people will be able to work up a mod in future. Would be great to see it compatible with Sears Telegames unit but that may be asking too much. Good luck on the project!

if you have a super pro that works or is modify-able, you can pull the board and put it into a sears unit.
  • Like 1

This is the highest serial number for model 3504 A in the database and it's branded "INTV System III".

A 171447 Canada Steve Jones

I always thought that even if they were to use the same tutorvision mainboard in these Intellivisions there was a chance these boards might be jumpered to disable the extra gram. I'm not sure if there is such a jumper. And I'm not sure if they were aware of the incompatibility with extra gram; it affected very few cartridges. There also seems to be some evidence that some INTV systems had Intellivision II execs in them. I always wondered what that board looked like.