IGNORED

Amiga gun just an atari xg1?

mykgerard

okay, I saw this Amiga lightgun by actionware on ebay. It's still live:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Commodore-Amiga-Actionware-Light-Gun-Gray-Phaser-/272807926381?hash=item3f849e9a6d:g:NrAAAOSwutpZlGZK

The gun looks exactly the same as my xg-1 lightgun. It even looks like there is red left from a peeled Atari sticker. Also, note the insane price (dunno... seller may just be delirious).

I read somewhere that Actionware often repurposed and resold nintendo zappers with their lightgun games. I haven't seen evidence of this, but it sure as heck looks like that is what they did with the xg1 here.

Now I'm wondering if the xg1 works on the Amiga and C64 or if there is some mod done to the guns. I have a c64 and I love lightgun games so having it work on another computer would be a plus. I'm also thinking... heck... maybe I should just do the mod and sell my xg1 for 120 bucks on ebay lol (okay not really but there may be others that might want to).

post-50579-0-41070200-1506569964_thumb.jpg

The working principle of light pens/guns on Atari 8-bit, C64, Amiga, Sega is much the same.

Though sometimes the signal returned is inverted or on a different line. Atari uses the fire button line, fairly sure the Antic LPEN registers are latched both when the light is sensed and it returns to dark.

• Like 1