IGNORED

The Official SEGA CD/MEGA CD thread! (assuming there hasn't been one yet)

retrorussell

Hey folks!

I remember even before it hit the market I used to dream about a system that could play Dragon's Lair-type interactive cartoon games. Then when the Sega CD came out and I bought Road Avenger, I was in HEAVEN!

This was the model I had, Model 2:

Sega-CD-Model2-Set.jpgAnd here is Model 1:

P1000848.jpg

Even before that, though.. I got to play this game with my second model system...

SEWER SHARK!

sewer-shark.png

Man, I really enjoyed this game.. I know a lot of people hated the deluge of FMV games for the system, but I enjoyed Sewer Shark and all its cheesy glory. I laughed out loud at some of Ghost's dialogue, especially when he was mad at you. "TURN AND BURN, DOGMEAT!!!" I know the layout of the tunnels was a bit repetitive but having to remember the right paths kept me on my toes. Endlessly quotable game!

An added bit of fun to start off our thread; a couple of bootup screens for both original models:

They were both followed by Sonic wagging his finger and sparks flying from it, then the "Se-Gaaaa" music refrain.

Share your pictures, videos and memories of when you got it, and what games you had!

• Like 2

Ah, the Sega CD Model 2 boot theme. It's one of those few tunes that always makes me feel good. :)

I got a Sega CD sometime when they were on their way out, just before they were put on liquidation, probably 1995 or 1996, I don't recall. Around that time I was mostly in the Nintendo camp, but thanks to working up a trade with a friend for a Sega Genesis console, it quickly got me thinking about the Sega CD. It had always been this pricey, premiere product that I never thought I'd get to experience, but perusing the Funco Land paper I realized it had become quite affordable. I ended up begging my parents into getting one for my birthday. They came through and picked up a used Model 2 from Funco Land along with Sewer Shark, Prince of Persia, Batman Returns, and Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Dark Side.

I have so many good memories from the first few days of owning it and that birthday definitely went down as being one of my personal best. Even though the PS1 and Saturn were out they were still mostly unknown to me. The Sega CD's boost in audio quality and things like full motion video still blew my mind. It was a great way to experience CD for the first time in a home system of mine and honestly I wouldn't have had it any other way. The games especially are what made it and some of those initial few are still some of my favorites, like Batman Returns and Eternal Champions (a HUGE boost over the Genesis version). I loved it and it ended up being one of my most played platforms from the mid-to-late '90s.

• Like 5

^ Oh man, Prince of Persia had some of the worst voice acting.. it was hilariously bad!

Here's some of the games I had:

THE ADVENTURES OF WILLY BEAMISH

Pretty hilarious point and click game where you control the actions of a kid who's trying to do avoid mischief and do good deeds. A bratty sister, bullies, a mischievous frog and various other characters make this harder to do than you'd think.

Adventures%20Of%20Willy%20Beamish,%20TheROAD AVENGER

One of my favorite Sega CD titles, this was actually a Japan-only arcade release back in the mid-80s. Absolutely brilliant Dragon's Lair-type interactive cartoon with you as a driving whiz getting revenge on a gang for killing your girlfriend. So incredibly fun!

road-avenger.png

FINAL FIGHT CD

What a brilliant translation of the arcade classic. Plus you can set the buttons to turbo--VERY helpful!

63978-Final_Fight_CD_(U)-1491070473.jpg

Others I had included:

PRINCE OF PERSIA (horrible)

SEGA ARCADE CLASSICS (Columns, Super Monaco GP, Golden Axe, others)

ECCO THE DOLPHIN (I could never get into this game)

FATAL FURY SPECIAL (not too bad; but no in-game narration that I remember)

MORTAL KOMBAT (decent graphics/sound but infuriatingly long loading times)

And..

NIGHT TRAP

Man, this was such great cheesy horror fun! I loved watching all the events that went on in all rooms of the house. I enjoyed watching the girls die. :)

"Use the traps, Control!"

Night_Trap_SegaCD_coverart.png

And I also liked this one, even if the controls were crummy:
HEART OF THE ALIEN

The sequel to OUT OF THIS WORLD/ANOTHER WORLD, this was dismissed by OOTW/AW creator Eric Chahi. But it was gloomy, violent and very much in keeping with the tone of the original. Some really gory deaths could befall the protagonist, who was the friend of Lester in the first game. I enjoyed it for what it was worth. And it had a great animated intro!

Heart_of_the_Alien_Coverart.png

And SONIC CD. Great gameplay, music, and everything-- but the bonus rounds were glitchy.

sonic-cd.png

I have a model 2 attached to a model 1 Genesis and only played Sewer Shark a few times with a Master System controller because I don't have a Genesis one. I got it and a 32x, never tested it, on eBay years and years ago and never got around getting a proper controller or any of the games I wanted to try like Terminator on Sega CD. I need to replace the fuse properly and just get a stinking controller already.

• Like 2

I snapped this up when it came out, even though it was insanely expensive at the time:

SEGA CDX

It was small, portable, played Genesis and CD games and you could use it as a CD walkman!

320px-Multimega.jpg

I almost forgot, I had this incredibly awesome game:

LUNAR: THE SILVER STAR

I never played ETERNAL BLUE, but this one was a fantastic RPG in its own right. Marvelous humor too.

lunar-the-silver-star.png

And if you were going to save your game, you really needed this cartridge for added memory:

BackupRAM_MCD_US_Cart.jpg

And one more game I just remembered I had:

PRIZE FIGHTER

What a cool game of boxing, done completely in 1st person perspective.. totally interactive with quick clips of you connecting with your blows. Black and white FMV done very well, with Judo Gene LaBell as the ref. I cracked up when he would ask your opponent "What's your name?!" when he took a licking from you, and he would sometimes respond with non-English.

250px-Prize_Fighter_cover_art.jpg

I also had this interactive cartoon game:

TIME GAL

Not that great but the death scenes sure were funny. Like Road Avenger this was a Japan-only arcade game in the mid-80s.

Time%20Gal%20(U)%20(Front).jpg

And finally, all the Digital Pictures games had a second track that had a DP employee answer a ringing telephone and say "Good afternoon, Digital Pictures", and a creepy sound of people exclaiming "Number 9, Number 9, Number 9" backwards would be heard.

The first time I saw one was at my uncle's house...IIRC it was a model 1.

I remember being amazed at Prince of Persia, because I had never seen that kind of violence in a game before.

Batman Returns (racing-only mode) was just awesome in general.

I couldn't believe how real the graphics looked in Dracula...I still find them pretty impressive today, though the gameplay isn't great.

My brother and I played Streets of Rage on two-player for a while, and tried to play GoldenAxe, but we couldn't figure out how to play co-op mode instead of The Duel (turns out, you can't!)

I also fondly remember Out Run, but obviously that must have been a cartridge.

I don't remember if we played any other games that day.

Now I have a model 2 CD (with a model 1 Genny in it), I was just playing it a few weeks ago. It was having trouble with a couple of discs, I hope it's not clunking out on me.

I had problems with my Model 2; its connector where the Genesis slid onto the Sega CD would break and also the laser eye for the Sega CD would fail.

I also had:

DRAGON'S LAIR

Super grainy but otherwise pretty good rendition of the laserdisc classic.

dragons-lair.png

NHL '94

Great crowd noise in this one! IIRC there was no regular season progress in this game. Bummer.

NHL%20Hockey%20%2794%20%28USA%29.png

SPACE ACE

Visually decent port of the animated laserdisc arcade game. Unfortunately the controls weren't correct at many points in the game.

space-ace.png

SILPHEED

Beautiful 3D space shooter with great voice work throughout the gameplay. Those giant 3D asteroids tumbling past you.. cool for its time!

SilpheedSegaCD.jpg

A list of all the Sega CD/Mega CD games:

3 NINJAS KICK BACK, A-RANK THUNDER TANJOUHEN, ADVENTURES OF BATMAN & ROBIN, ADVENTURES OF WILLY BEAMISH, AFTER ARMAGEDDON GAIDEN, AFTER BURNER III, AISLE LORD, ALSHARK, AMAZING SPIDER MAN VS. THE KINGPIN, ANDROID ASSAULT: THE REVENGE OF BARI-ARM, ANETT FUTATABI, ANIMALS (THE), ARCUS 1-2-3, ARSLAN SENKI, A/X-101, BAKUDEN: THE UNBALANCED ZONE, BATMAN RETURNS, BATTLE FRENZY, BATTLECORPS, BC RACERS, BILL WALSH COLLEGE FOOTBALL, BLACK HOLE ASSAULT, BOUNCERS, BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA, BURAI, CADILLACS & DINOSAURS, CAPCOM NO QUIZ, CAPTAIN TSUBASA, CHAMPIONSHIP SOCCER '94, CHUCK ROCK, CHUCK ROCK II, CLIFFHANGER, COBRA COMMAND, COLORS OF MODERN ROCK, COMPTON'S INTERACTIVE ENCYCLOPEDIA, CORPSE KILLER, COSMIC FANTASY STORIES, CRIME PATROL, CYBORG 009, DAIHOUSHINDEN, DARK WIZARD, DEATH BRINGER, DEMOLITION MAN, DETONATOR ORGUN, DEVASTATOR, DOUBLE SWITCH, DRACULA UNLEASHED, DRAGON'S LAIR, DUNE, DUNGEON EXPLORER, DUNGEON MASTER II, DYNAMIC COUNTRY CLUB, EARNEST EVANS, EARTHWORM JIM SPECIAL EDITION, ECCO THE DOLPHIN, ECCO: TIDES OF TIME, EGAWA SUGURO NO SUPER LEAGUE, ESPN BASEBALL TONIGHT, ESPN NATIONAL HOCKEY NIGHT, ESPN NBA HANG TIME '95, ESPN SUNDAY NIGHT NFL, ETERNAL CHAMPIONS, EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, F-1 CIRCUS CD, FAHRENHEIT, FATAL FURY SPECIAL, FHEY AREA, FIFA INTERNATIONAL SOCCER, FINAL FIGHT CD, FLASHBACK, FLINK, FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, FUNKY HORROR BAND, GAMBLER: JIKKO CHUUSHINHA 2, GAME NO KANZUME VOL. 1, GAME NO KANZUME VOL. 2, GENEI TOSHI, GENGHIS KHAN II, GROUND ZERO TEXAS, HEART OF THE ALIEN, HEAVY NOVA, HEIMDALL, HOOK, HOT HITS, INXS: MAKE MY VIDEO, IRON HELIX, ISHII HISAICHI NO DAISEKAI, JAGUAR XJ220, JANGO WORLD CUP, JEOPARDY!, JOE MONTANA FOOTBALL, JURASSIC PARK, KEIO FLYING SQUADRON, KIDS ON SITE, KRISS KROSS: MAKE MY VIDEO, LAWNMOWER MAN, LETHAL ENFORCERS, LETHAL ENFORCERS II, LINKS, LOADSTAR, LORDS OF THUNDER, LUNAR: ETERNAL BLUE, LUNAR: SILVER STAR, MAD DOG MCCREE, MAD DOG MCCREE 2, MAHOU NO SHOUJO: SILKY LIP, MANSION OF HIDDEN SOULS, MARKY MARK AND THE FUNKY BUNCH: MAKE MY OWN VIDEO, MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN, MASKED RIDER, MEGARACE, MEGA SCHWARZSCHILD, MICKEY MANIA, MICROCOSM, MIDNIGHT RAIDERS, MIGHT AND MAGIC III, MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS, MORTAL KOMBAT, MY PAINT, NBA JAM, NFL FOOTBALL TRIVIA CHALLENGE, NFL'S GREATEST: SF VS. DALLAS, NHL '94, NIGHT STRIKER, NIGHT TRAP, NINJA WARRIORS, NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION 3, NOSTALGIA 1907, NOVASTORM, PANIC!, PITFALL: THE MAYAN ADVENTURE, POPFUL MAIL, POWER FACTORY FEATURING C&C MUSIC FACTORY, POWERMONGER, PRINCE OF PERSIA, PRIZE FIGHTER, PRO YAKYUU SUPER LEAGUE CD, PSYCHIC DETECTIVE VOL. 3, PSYCHIC DETECTIVE VOL. 4, PUGGSY, QUIZ SCRAMBLE SPECIAL, RACING ACES, RADICAL REX, RANMA 1/2, RDF GLOBAL CONFLICT, RECORD OF LODOSS WAR, REVENGE OF THE NINJA, REVENGERS OF VENGEANCE, RISE OF THE DRAGON, ROAD AVENGER, ROAD RASH, ROBO ALESTE, ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS III, SAMURAI SHODOWN, SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND, SEGA CLASSICS ARCADE COLLECTION 4-IN-1, SEGA CLASSICS ARCADE COLLECTION 5-IN-1, SEIMA DENSETSU 3X3 EYES, SEGOKU DENSHOU, SEWER SHARK, SHADOW OF THE BEAST II, SHADOWRUN, SHERLOCK HOLMES: CONSULTING DETECTIVE, SHERLOCK HOLMES: CONSULTING DETECTIVE VOL. II, SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI, SHINING FORCE CD, SILPHEED, SIMEARTH, SLAM CITY WITH SCOTTIE PIPPEN, SMURFS, SNATCHER, SOL-FEACE, SONIC CD, SOULSTAR, SPACE ACE, SPACE ADVENTURE COBRA, STARBLADE, STAR WARS CHESS, STAR WARS: REBEL ASSAULT, STELLAR FIRE, SUPREME WARRIOR, SURGICAL STRIKE, SYNDICATE, TENBU: MEGA CD SPECIAL, TENKA FUBU, TERMINATOR, THEME PARK, THIRD WORLD WAR, THUNDERHAWK AH-3, TIME GAL, TOMCAT ALLEY, TRIVIAL PURSUIT, ULTRAVERSE PRIME, URUSEI YATSURA, VAY, WARAU SALESMAN, WHEEL OF FORTUNE, WHO SHOT JOHNNY ROCK, WILD WOODY, WING COMMANDER, WINNING POST, WIREHEAD, WOLFCHILD, WONDER DOG, WONDERMEGA COLLECTION, WORLD CUP USA '94, WWF RAGE IN THE CAGE, YUMIMI MIX.

There was probably some games condensed into one disc-- I think there was a Hook and 3 Ninjas and another game on one disc that wasn't listed.

I liked ground zero, a fairly bad fmv shooting game. Played sonic CD, thought that was cool. Fahrenheit was pretty cool, supposed to also use the 32x but I never got that to work. Some other games I don't really remember. I was SNES all the way bitd, but segacd was the shiznite! If it wasn't for that I'd probably never gotten the genesis.

• Like 1

I have a model 2 attached to a model 1 Genesis and only played Sewer Shark a few times with a Master System controller because I don't have a Genesis one. I got it and a 32x, never tested it, on eBay years and years ago and never got around getting a proper controller or any of the games I wanted to try like Terminator on Sega CD. I need to replace the fuse properly and just get a stinking controller already.

Wait.. So you have a Sega CD AND 32X, but don't have a Genesis controller? Seriously? :lolblue:

Why do you need to replace the fuse? Is there something wrong with your unit? If not, you don't need to replace the fuse.

^ Oh man, Prince of Persia had some of the worst voice acting.. it was hilariously bad!

As most voice acting was back then, unfortunately. Fortunately, the game itself was pretty sweet.

Wait.. So you have a Sega CD AND 32X, but don't have a Genesis controller? Seriously? :lolblue:

Why do you need to replace the fuse? Is there something wrong with your unit? If not, you don't need to replace the fuse.

I used a Genesis power adapter I had lying around that blew the fuse. I used a Master System power adapter and wire for a bridge to test to make sure it was the fuse. I haven't messed with it since because I never got around getting a replacement fuse or controller.

The auction was cheap but just had the core systems without any power adapters, cables, or controllers. It came with one Genesis game and Sewer Shark. This was like over ten years ago and I just got preoccupied with other systems that interested me that I had a lot games for. I'll get a fuse and one of those GN6 controllers sometime this week or next year.

A list of all the Sega CD/Mega CD games:

Here's a more readable, less-shouty version of your list... :-)

3 Ninjas Kick Back
A-Rank Thunder Tanjouhen
Adventures of Batman & Robin
Adventures of Willy Beamish
After Armageddon Gaiden
After Burner III
Aisle Lord
Alshark
Amazing Spider Man vs. the Kingpin
android Assault: the Revenge of Bari-Arm
Anett Futatabi
Animals, The
Arcus 1-2-3
Arslan Senki
A/X-101
Bakuden: the Unbalanced Zone
Batman Returns
Battle Frenzy
Battlecorps
BC Racers
Bill Walsh College Football
Black Hole Assault
Bouncers
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Burai
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Capcom No Quiz
Captain Tsubasa
Championship Soccer '94
Chuck Rock
Chuck Rock II
Cliffhanger
Cobra Command
Colors of Modern Rock
Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia
Corpse Killer
Cosmic Fantasy Stories
Crime Patrol
Cyborg 009
Daihoushinden
Dark Wizard
Death Bringer
Demolition Man
Detonator Orgun
Devastator
Double Switch
Dracula Unleashed
Dragon's Lair
Dune
Dungeon Explorer
Dungeon Master II
Dynamic Country Club
Earnest Evans
Earthworm Jim Special Edition
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco: Tides of Time
Egawa Suguro No Super League
Espn Baseball Tonight
Espn National Hockey Night
Espn NBA Hang Time '95
Espn Sunday Night NFL
Eternal Champions
Eye of the Beholder
F-1 Circus CD
Fahrenheit
Fatal Fury Special
Fhey Area
FIFA International Soccer
Final Fight CD
Flashback
Flink
Formula One World Championship
Funky Horror Band
Gambler: Jikko Chuushinha 2
Game No Kanzume Vol. 1
Game No Kanzume Vol. 2
Genei Toshi
Genghis Khan II
Ground Zero Texas
Heart of the Alien
Heavy Nova
Heimdall
Hook
Hot Hits
Inxs: Make My Video
Iron Helix
Ishii Hisaichi No Daisekai
Jaguar Xj220
Jango World Cup
Jeopardy!
Joe Montana Football
Jurassic Park
Keio Flying Squadron
Kids On Site
Kriss Kross: Make My Video
Lawnmower Man
Lethal Enforcers
Lethal Enforcers II
Links
Loadstar
Lords of Thunder
Lunar: Eternal Blue
Lunar: Silver Star
Mad Dog McCree
Mad Dog McCree 2
Mahou No Shoujo: Silky Lip
Mansion of Hidden Souls
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Make My Own Video
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Masked Rider
Megarace
Mega Schwarzschild
Mickey Mania
Microcosm
Midnight Raiders
Might and Magic III
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Mortal Kombat
My Paint
NBA Jam
NFL Football Trivia Challenge
NFL's Greatest: SF vs. Dallas
NHL '94
Night Striker
Night Trap
Ninja Warriors
Nobunaga's Ambition 3
Nostalgia 1907
Novastorm
Panic!
Pitfall: the Mayan Adventure
Popful Mail
Power Factory Featuring C&C Music Factory
Powermonger
Prince of Persia
Prize Fighter
Pro Yakyuu Super League CD
Psychic Detective Vol. 3
Psychic Detective Vol. 4
Puggsy
Quiz Scramble Special
Racing Aces
Radical Rex
Ranma 1/2
RDF Global Conflict
Record of Lodoss War
Revenge of the Ninja
Revengers of Vengeance
Rise of the Dragon
Road Avenger
Road Rash
Robo Aleste
Romance of the Three Kingdoms III
Samurai Shodown
Secret of Monkey Island
Sega Classics Arcade Collection 4-in-1
Sega Classics Arcade Collection 5-in-1
Seima Densetsu 3X3 Eyes
Segoku Denshou
Sewer Shark
Shadow of the Beast II
Shadowrun
Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective
Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective Vol. II
Shin Megami Tensei
Shining Force CD
Silpheed
Simearth
Slam City With Scottie Pippen
Smurfs
Snatcher
Sol-Feace
Sonic CD
Soulstar
Space Ace
Space Adventure Cobra
Starblade
Star Wars Chess
Star Wars: Rebel Assault
Stellar Fire
Supreme Warrior
Surgical Strike
Syndicate
Tenbu: Mega CD Special
Tenka Fubu
Terminator
Theme Park
Third World War
Thunderhawk AH-3
Time Gal
Tomcat Alley
Trivial Pursuit
Ultraverse Prime
Urusei Yatsura
Vay
Warau Salesman
Wheel of Fortune
Who Shot Johnny Rock
Wild Woody
Wing Commander
Winning Post
Wirehead
Wolfchild
Wonder Dog
Wondermega Collection
World Cup Usa '94
WWF Rage In the Cage
Yumimi Mix
Edited by Emehr
  • Like 1

The SEGA CD was exciting to me, for some reason, when it debuted. I had friends who were not impressed by it, but I was taken in by it despite my disinterest in FMV and its color limits. I think you had to be there for the whole ride to really appreciate the SCD. Towards the end, I appreciated that Genesis games would also be on CD with enhancements and the CD version cost $5 less than the cart. Today I am very nostalgic about SCD, even it's boot up music. I have a Genny 2 ontop model 1 CD.

I was just playing Pitfall Mayan CD and Jurassic Park CD recently. The sound quality of Pitfall is very good, probably the best of all versions and this version has more levels and great music. And I find Jurassic to be an interesting but somewhat failed experiment by Sega of America to do an adventure game using their new CD tech. The death scene sounds are startling , hearing yourself being eaten or trampled. I still don't understand why none of the SEGA Jurassic games have the film music though. Missed opportunity there.

Other faves are Robo Aleste, Batman Returns, Spider-Man, Eternal Champions, and I still enjoy NHL 94 with its organ music. I own about 40 games.

I cannot stand Sonic CD. It's like the levels were put together with a random generator.

I also did not enjoy Sonic CD. I hated the soundtrack. It wasn't until recently that I discovered that the Japanese version had a different soundtrack - one much more suited to the game.

My favorite games on the system are Working Designs ports. Lunar 1 and 2, Popful Mail, Vay, Heimdall. All really good games. Also, Shining Force CD has an amazing soundtrack and is a lot of fun.

But I've always been a JRPG fanatic, especially tactical JRPGs, so I've naturally gravitated towards anything Shining Force. The modern equivalent (which is really better all around) is the Disgaea series on PS2, P3, and PS4.

Edited by derFunkenstein
  • Like 1

Some more Sega CD stuff:

A taste of the horrible dubbing for Prince of Persia:

The twitchy, glitchy bonus stages in Sonic CD:

An Easter Egg for Night Trap-- the unveiling of the unreleased Hasbro NEMO console, along with late executive Stephen D. Hassenfeld.

The MEGA CD main screen.

NHL '94 intro:

• Like 1

I used a Genesis power adapter I had lying around that blew the fuse. I used a Master System power adapter and wire for a bridge to test to make sure it was the fuse. I haven't messed with it since because I never got around getting a replacement fuse or controller.

Ah, that makes sense then. No reason to touch the fuse unless it's blown, and it sounds like you did just that. :)

Last night I felt compelled to play more SCD, so I play Space Ace. I swear the timing is off, you need to press your selected movement almost ahead of time. I wonder if HDTV lag is causing this.

Also played Batman Returns, both driving and platforms. Driving game as hard as always. I cranked the sound system up nice and loud. I actually enjoyed platforming more than I remembered. Give got to the 2nd fight with Penguin, where he drops a steel Boulder at you then hovers while sending spinning blades.

I remember being amazed at Prince of Persia, because I had never seen that kind of violence in a game before.

That's the first time I ever heard someone naming PoP as a game where any kind of violence happen.

I guess it has gruesome scenes for the time :D

I got a Mega-CD recently, tho, I had heard of it for a long time. This thread could help me choosing games ^^

Not PoP, but I arelady have it on the PC-Engine CD and of course on computer...

I swear the timing is off, you need to press your selected movement almost ahead of time. I wonder if HDTV lag is causing this. I cranked the sound system up nice and loud. I actually enjoyed platforming more than I remembered. Give got to the 2nd fight with Penguin, where he drops a steel Boulder at you then hovers while sending spinning blades.

Most likely.

I always play Dragon's Lair that way anyway (on Windows PC), just keep mashing a button until something good happens >_<

That's the first time I ever heard someone naming PoP as a game where any kind of violence happen.

There's a bit more violence in this version than some of the other ports. You leave a nice bloody mess when you land on spikes. I wouldn't see Mortal Kombat 2 on the SNES for at least another couple of years, so the goriest game I had seen up to that point was probably Abadox.

Not sure the violence makes it worth playing, though =) When I finally beat the game, it was the NES version...and I may have accidentally hit the emulator's "rewind" button once or twice... ¬_¬

Oh, if there was a NEversion this it was more likely tned down.

The PC version have the "spike blood death"

I looked a bit, and hte Mega-CD version seems to add blood for the "soldier" death, tho, as in the DOS version they have red pants, it's hard to tell if they bleed at death or if that's just a pixel mess :

Anywa they are all hard to play versions. The SNES one might be the easiest, with a 2 hours challenge and passwords to restart levels (the password store your time).

Edited by CatPix

The PC version have the "spike blood death"

post-10621-0-54927800-1506967747.png

Either way, Sega CD was the first time I had seen PoP.

The SNES one might be the easiest, with a 2 hours challenge and passwords to restart levels (the password store your time).

Nah, the SNES version has a longer time limit because they added a ton of extra rooms. It takes probably twice as long just to get the sword at the beginning of the game.