IGNORED

Axiom Verge Wii U Multiverse no US release?

-^CrossBow^-

So unless I'm misinterpreting Badland games website listing for Axiom Verge multiverse edition, it would seem that the Wii-U releases will be Europe only? All the US releases are for other platforms.

So...anyone know if this game will be region free and if one were to purchase the UK version if it would work on a US Wii-U?

Anyone have any other information that would make a US release of this more possible? Cause it isn't looking good from the Badlands Games website.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

• 1 month later...

For those that have given up hope, Nintendo of America has slashed this 50% on the eShop. So it's just $9.99 now.

The programmer says it's still happening in his blog though, so fingers crossed that North American Wii U fans will finally get the opportunity to buy this on disc.

http://www.axiomverge.com/blog/axiom-verge-retail-launch#comment-3627370420

Would be a fantastic way to wrap up a Wii U collection in my opinion.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

yeah, I'm thinking I will just have to finally pick up a PS4 as a physical release of the Multiverse version is available on that platform and I've been picking up other PS4 physical releases lately such as Rez Infinite. So, likely will just go that route in the next few months.

Well, I picked up a PS4 pro late last week and picked up Axiom Verge Multiverse edition from one of the area Gamestops as they had it in stock. I wasn't happy it was their only copy, meaning I got the already unwrapped one with slightly crushed in box..etc because they couldn't be bothered to just put a card of the artwork out on the shelf for display.

Anyway, what little I've been able to play, I really like so far! I'm anxious to get back to the game and explore more.

I still think this game should have gotten a US physical release as this game just like Shovel Knight, really seemed tailored to Nintendo systems.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've finally given up hope and bought this for $9.99 on sale on the Wii U eShop.

It's not the retail copy I had hoped for and I had been planning to just buy the PS4 release instead, but I had my heart set on playing this on the Wii U and $10 seemed like a fair price. I'm hoping it has Classic Controller support so I can use a SNES Classic gamepad, but haven't yet tried it out.

Interestingly when searching for Metroid on the Wii U eShop, Axiom Verge shows up. And it's higher up in the search results than Super Metroid and several other classics.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not Fatal Frame.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1047478924891103233

Sounds like there's two likely candidates if it's something that Europe already has or will be getting at retail. Either the subject of this thread which Europeans had an earlier opportunity to preorder through Badland Games (The publisher that continually refused to admit the obvious to us North Americans), or Fast Racing Neo which Europe got on disc via a Nintendo Selects release a year or so back.

I'd personally be happy with either one, although I wish I had my $10 back if it's Axiom Verge.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 months later...

Limited Run Games finally revealed their secret Wii U release.

A publisher ripped them off by a year or so ago by taking their money without ever pressing the game and shipping it to them (Nintendo red tape I assume prevented it being done directly without a middleman). While they fought that out in the courts to recover their money, they finally had the game pressed and shipped to them several weeks ago.

Apparently the legal issues are coming to a close that had been delaying this release since last Fall, since I'm sure this "unintentional" reveal was anything but and that an official announcement is forthcoming.

DwlfjKGU8AE8YQY.jpg

Wii U case at the far right is Axiom Verge.

Thank me for downloading it on sale for $10 a few weeks ago on the eShop, since I knew this would happen soon afterwards once I did. :(

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 months later...

I'm not a big follower of Limited Run Games. Will this likely be $29.99 or $39.99? Edit: I suppose it mostly depends on if there's a game only option, or if only the collector's edition with the extras is offered. I may go for the former despite owning it digitally, but if it's $40, I think I'll think it over a bit.

And I'm not shocked to find out Badland Games was the guilty party that stole their money. I really didn't like how months would go buy with no news about Axiom Verge and just when it appeared safe to give it up for dead, they'd do something like post on Twitter that it's still happening, which again would be followed by silence. They did this cycle 3 or 4 times over what seemed like about two years, stringing us along with apparently no intention to publish it themselves or follow through with their obligations when they sub-licensed out the publishing rights.

Edited by Atariboy

Yeah I'm not sure now either as I own the multiverse edition for the PS4 and had been playing it already on that platform. I still wished this had happened sooner but at least it will finally get a physical release on the Wii-U.

I'm not a big follower of Limited Run Games. Will this likely be $29.99 or $39.99? Edit: I suppose it mostly depends on if there's a game only option, or if only the collector's edition with the extras is offered. I may go for the former despite owning it digitally, but if it's $40, I think I'll think it over a bit.

And I'm not shocked to find out Badland Games was the guilty party that stole their money. I really didn't like how months would go buy with no news about Axiom Verge and just when it appeared safe to give it up for dead, they'd do something like post on Twitter that it's still happening, which again would be followed by silence. They did this cycle 3 or 4 times over what seemed like about two years.

Yeah, the whole situation seems like a mess. LRG stated Badland still owes them around $70,000. Yikes.

I'm wondering if there will be a game-only option as well. That's what I'd prefer to get as money's tight, but I would definitely still like to pick up the game.

Sounds odd to say this, but I hope there's no more Wii U releases afterwards. This is the way I'd rather see it go out instead of Just Dance 2020.

I'm sure that franchise holds value. But like most of you, it's not my style so I have no interest in tracking it down just because it's the last game. But I enjoy the Wii U and wouldn't mind having the last retail game in my collection as long as it's something I enjoy, so I hope it's Axiom Verge that gets the honor.

Will make me have to consider Battle Princess Madelyn when it appears on the Wii U. New indie releases are starting to become pretty uncommon, so when this hits later this year, it very well could be the last digital release on the system. I had been thinking PS4 after hearing that it has performance issues on the Switch and Vita.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Sounds like Badland Games promised 75% of the profits to the developer's son for a trust fund for his medical expenses, and didn't ever pay a dime. It's believed to be around $200,000, according to the LRG Twitter.

D1t-vjnU0AAsYs6.jpg

Limited Run Games is promising to donate their profits, but not sure how that will work when they're also saying they're going to take a big loss on this.

Edited by Atariboy