IGNORED

Axiom Verge Wii U Multiverse no US release?

-^CrossBow^-

I've been told there's going to be a standard edition for $30, but personally can't seem to confirm it after looking at Twitter or their website just now. Hopefully it's an accurate report, but I don't know where the information is originating from.

I did learn while reading Twitter that there's a Xbox One physical release currently in the certification process, so that's nice to see as well.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Had a feeling what I read about a standard edition wasn't true since the provided citation to the Limited Run Games site had nothing to do with Axiom Verge that I could see. I had hoped it was just a mistake in the link that was copied at another forum, but I just found this which confirms that there will only be the one edition for $40.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1106666032276688897

I'm not so sure about spending $40 on this, but maybe.

Edited by Atariboy

Sounds like Badland Games promised 75% of the profits to the developer's son for a trust fund for his medical expenses, and didn't ever pay a dime. It's believed to be around $200,000, according to the LRG Twitter.

D1t-vjnU0AAsYs6.jpg

Limited Run Games is promising to donate their profits, but not sure how that will work when they're also saying they're going to take a big loss on this.

If it's true they never paid up to that poor little boy's medical fund that company needs a public tar and feathering.

• 2 weeks later...

$40 isn't unreasonable but I decided against buying it because I already purchased it for Switch. Plus, I feel like LRG have lost their way and I just don't really want to support them anymore. After they're done milking Wii U collectors with this release, I expect them to put Yooka-Laylee out for Wii U eventually also. Just gonna let that train head out without me.

Got one! Somewhat mixed feelings as, if I had missed out, I could have abandoned my quest for a full wiiU set. Now I guess I have to go buy those crappy Dance and Skylanders (and a few others) titles I don't yet have.

No need, as those aren't games and don't count towards a full set*.

*as determined by me

It took a while to sell out this first order window. I was away for a while and didn't see it sell out, but it was still at about 5% stock remaining at about the 17 minute mark.

Was this fast for a Limited Run Games release? Or about par for the course for something that isn't shovelware? I had it in my head that there would be about a 5 second window of opportunity here.

It took a while to sell out this first order window. I was away for a while and didn't see it sell out, but it was still at about 5% stock remaining at about the 17 minute mark.

Was this fast for a Limited Run Games release? Or about par for the course for something that isn't shovelware? I had it in my head that there would be about a 5 second window of opportunity here.

Its pretty good for a 6k run on a dead system. People thought they would be around for days.

I wonder now if this sellout means we'll get Battle Princess Madelyn, if the sales here are performing so much better than expectations.

I guess LRG has said that other Wii U releases are possible and that one is still coming to the Wii U eShop (and LRG published or is going to publish it physically over on the PS4).

Edited by Atariboy

I wonder now if this sellout means we'll get Battle Princess Madelyn, if the sales here are performing so much better than expectations.

I guess LRG has said that other Wii U releases are possible and that one is still coming to the Wii U eShop (and LRG published or is going to publish it physically over on the PS4).

Im still hoping for atleast a digital version on Vita. Im surprised they are still working on it for both systems

Did you get an order confirmation e-mail earlier this month? Should have tracking information in it if it's like mine, despite the title saying "Limited Run Games Order Confirmation". If not, perhaps it's because you got in on the second run of it.

Ironically, Limited Run Game's e-mail notification to me that this had shipped arrived in my inbox at 6:51 this evening, over 7 hours after UPS tracking data says the package had arrived at my address. The package actually had been sent out on April 4th, so not a very useful notification that the package had been sent, lol.

Almost as bad as the last time Nintendo repaired my Wii U and shipped it back. As I recall, the tracking information e-mail came something like 10 days after my system had already been delivered at my house. Doesn't get much more useless than that, lol.

On the bright side with this initial experience with Limited Run Games, despite a proper box appearing to be an extra-cost shipping option and their belated e-mail notification to me this evening, Axiom Verge was shipped not in a flimsy bubble mailer, but in a sturdy box. Arrived safe and sound in pristine condition.

Edited by Atariboy

They are still shipping them out. Here is a link for updates on all their current releases: https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Interesting, good to know.

I just checked my order and completely forgot I also added a Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon with it as well. I wonder if they'll wait and ship both together since they're on the same order (Bloodstained is currently in manufacturing now, so it could be a while)? The only other thing I've ordered from LRG (Sigil) is still in manufacturing, so I'm not entirely certain what to expect when it comes to how they process orders.

Edited by Austin